• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** 5th Test at the SCG

quincywagstaff

Don't know whether Bairstow as a batsman can be considered a success this series.

Batted too low early in the series and has generally looked the goods in Oz conditions, but the facts are he's only reached 50 once and had some disappointing dismissals. With this Cummins one, I don't think it was a particularly good delivery, but Bairstow played across the line when he should've played straighter to what was basically a half-volley.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Couldn't imagine having the shits, in front of tens of thousands of people, being forced to run, all being recorded on television/the internet all while wearing white. Literal nightmare fuel.

Shri

Didn't Burgey get you into the airconditioned members? WAC.
Met Dan instead, who taught me that no one checks for tickets once you are inside and helped me find a shady spot to watch the game.:laugh:

Also gave me a bottle of water. Thanks man.

quincywagstaff

If Hazlewood gets a wicket, that will mean in all 8 innings this Oz bowling quartet have played together this series they've all gotten at least one wicket.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Met Dan instead, who taught me that no one checks for tickets once you are inside and helped me find a shady spot to watch the game.:laugh:

Also gave me a bottle of water. Thanks man.
Did he also teach you how to open the water bottle?

TheJediBrah

Exactly... Australia are the Harvey Weinsteins of cricket... yes they've some success on the way... but in the end they'll be remembered for their filthiest days.
I was hoping this would at least be funny or clever :(

disappointing

Son Of Coco

I enjoy seeing Jimmy getting bounced as much as the next man...but how about we pitch the ****ing ball up and try to get him out. Bouncing him every ball is ridiculous.

stephen

One thing I don't think we've talked much about is that this inexperienced English lineup is the first team to run into a full strength Australian bowling attack. While they're not Ambrose/Marshall/Garner/Holding, Starc/Hazlewood/Cummins/Lyon is probably the strongest all round attack the world has seen in the last decade, with the possible exception of the one India has just run into.

Any weakness or flaw in a batsman is likely to be excluded against this attack. They have pace, swing, seam, bounce and a world class spinner. It's unrelenting and very tough for batters, even on these roads.

Arachnodouche

England come to Australia to get scarred. Yes, scorelines count ultimately, but this isn't just about getting beat by wits and skills, Australia seem hellbent on physically and psychologically hurting them. For all the hyperbole over pace going around, they better dig up some real fast bowlers over the next few Ashes and give back as good as they've received on these last two outings.