• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** 5th Test at the SCG

morgieb

Could also argue the Australian attack of the last Ashes is better than this one. Depends on whether having Harris and Johnson is enough to cancel out Lyon’s improvement and Cummins being more effective than Siddle.

stephen

As much as I hate to say this: england - around 2011 or so.

Broad and Anderson were in good form and they had Swann as their spinner. The third seamer was picked based on form so Tremlett, Sidebottom etc when they played didn't look like weak links.
Good call. Tremlett was immense during the 2010/11 Ashes.

stephen

Could also argue the Australian attack of the last Ashes is better than this one. Depends on whether having Harris and Johnson is enough to cancel out Lyon’s improvement and Cummins being more effective than Siddle.
Yeah my point was basically that the weakest bowler in this Aussie attack is far better than most weakest bowlers. The unrelenting nature of the attack makes it in some ways harder to face than two great bowlers and a couple of unremarkable bowlers.

Shri

Here's Lyon:

Starc pictures are still being uploaded. Interesting slip stance from Smith. Does do anything without adding his own quirks in cricket?:laugh:

Last edited:

Shri

And here's Starc:

Watched him bowl a few from the top tier and I couldn't track the ball live when he let go. So ****ing quick. Really appreciate the batsmen who actually play shots against the faster bowlers in cricket.

Shri

And look at how much Lyon's left leg pivots between pictures 5, 6 and 7. Must help when he lets it rip from his fingers.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
And look at how much Lyon's left leg pivots between pictures 5, 6 and 7. Must help when he lets it rip from his fingers.
It's a fairly recent thing too. He wasn't getting anywhere near that side on 18 months ago, then one day just starting doing it.

Shri

I think I have got a new hobby that is going to last me a lifetime. I am going to capture test bowlers' actions in cricket from now on. 2019 will be exciting with India playing a test at the SCG. Definitely need to add Ashwin's to the collection.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I think I have got a new hobby that is going to last me a lifetime. I am going to capture test bowlers' actions in cricket from now on. 2019 will be exciting with India playing a test at the SCG. Definitely need to add Ashwin's to the collection.
To answer your question before you inevitably start the thread again in a year's time -- I think I will be going to that one, on at least Day 1.

TNT

Banned
Then you are going to need a cannon 400mm prime 4.6 and make a sticker and re badge it as a 150mm.

Shri

This was an 18 - 135 mm lens at full zoom. I would probably be happy with a new 150mm tbh. Need to buy a new cam when possible though. This one's seen a bit of mileage.

TNT

Banned
This was an 18 - 135 mm lens at full zoom. I would probably be happy with a new 150mm tbh. Need to buy a new cam when possible though. This one's seen a bit of mileage.
Hire or borrow a 400 and you wont look back. Everyone I know try all different lens but everyone settles on the 400 in the end. In the next few days I will try and dig up some shots from the last ashes and post them.

sphynx

Cummins is the wild card in South Africa, could top the wickets there to be honest.

He's hard to pickup with that quick arm action, he's averaging 25 after touring India and some pretty flat home pitches and has one of the best short balls in world cricket. All of this without taking the new ball.

He got quicker as the series went on, his body is obviously getting stronger and stronger. Was bowling mid 140's in 45 degree heat in Sydney.

He's going to be a real handful on some pitches with assistance, he gets the most seam movement of the Aus quicks. The same applies to the 19' Ashes tour. I see him and Rabada as being the two best bowlers over the next few years.

Genuine bowling all-rounder as well.

Last edited: