• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** 5th Test at the SCG

TheJediBrah

Making Australian pitches greener would probably only result in more bounce and slightly more seam movement if you hit the deck hard, so I'm struggling to see how India would profit. If they played in conditions similar to Hobart 2016, someone like Bhuvaneshwar could be dangerous.
Greener pitches would definitely give India a better chance of winning, but just making the wickets faster and bouncier, but still flat, wouldn't.

Cow

Banned
just a reminder that Australia were bowled out for 60 at Trent Bridge and Joe Root was 124 not out at close on day one. Important to establish levels of embarrassment here.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
just a reminder that Australia were bowled out for 60 at Trent Bridge and Joe Root was 124 not out at close on day one. Important to establish levels of embarrassment here.
Correct. As bad as we’ve been in this series and the last in Oz, the two worst days in 21st century Ashes cricket belong to the current guardians of the urn.

Cow

Banned
Correct. As bad as we’ve been in this series and the last in Oz, the two worst days in 21st century Ashes cricket belong to the current guardians of the urn.
Exactly... Australia are the Harvey Weinsteins of cricket... yes they've some success on the way... but in the end they'll be remembered for their filthiest days.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I have to say, I really wanted us to get something out of the MCG test just for the purpose of salvaging some pride but more importantly avoiding the big five o. Now that’s off the table, I’ve struggled to get up for this one. I’ve watched it when I’ve been awake and it’s been on, but it’s definitely epitomised a dead rubber for me. I’d like Root to get his ton to get the monkey off his back, and obviously it’d be nice if we did pull off the draw but honestly I am so glad it’s over. Looking forward to the ODIs. Anyone know if they’re on BT too?

Sidenote, whatever happens later this is definitely a better showing than the last Sydney test when you knew from the go we just wanted to get the **** out of dodge

Last edited:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Questions have to be asked about Sydney’s suitability to host Test Cricket after this.

sphynx

Yeah If the wickets are like this I would expect India to score plenty of runs. England are just one of the very worst sides at making big runs on flat wickets.
India will score some big totals, they just don't have the bowling lineup to get the job done imo.

Kumar will be like Philander in Aus, he will have his moments, but the Aus batsmen will eat him up at his pace.

Pandya is a find certainly, will definitely help balance their side in Australia over someone like Jadeja, he seems to make things happen as a cricketer, but bowls in the low 130's, realistically he will bowl a little better than Mitch Marsh does in Aus conditions.

Spark

Global Moderator
A good thing for many reasons IMO. Unfortunately they’re a bit pointless in England aside from early May or late August
Yeah definitely wouldn't complain about it. Better pitches, great spectacle, protection of players.

On the downside, Dean Jones might never ever shut up about his ****ing 200 if we curtail play in 40c+ temps.

Last edited:

quincywagstaff

Ch 9 comms saying England can’t defend all day to save the game.

Did they say the same when Oz were in the same position in Melbourne? Not sure but I’d doubt it.

quincywagstaff

Really don't think Moeen Ali should've been picked for this Test as he looked completely mentally gone in Melbourne; no surprise his dismal form in all aspects continued.