• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Official Movie Discussion Thread

Niall

Really pleased for Parasite smashing it up. Its a really entertaining film that pretty much anyone should enjoy.

Mike5181

Surprised Parasite is the one to earn universal acclaim. In recent years I thought Shoplifters or something like Burning were around the same quality, if not better.

Grasshopper

Foreign language movie.
Oh OK... Well both of those other films have received a heap of praise - Shoplifters won the Palm d'Or a year or two ago, and Burning was universally praised.

Edit: Roma probably should've won Best Picture last year tbf.

Last edited:

Athlai

Not Terrible
Im surprised by how many movies I’ve seen in this years nominations. Most years there’s things I just CBF for but this year it’s a list of movies I’ll eventually entirely watch

Arachnodouche

The best S. Korean movie of recent vintage I've seen is The Wailing (been a couple of years now come to think of it). It's horror so no chance of being acknowledged in the mainstream, but few movies have effected a change of mood as drastically as this.

weldone

so so happy for Parasite

One of the best movies on class-consciousness that I have seen

Bong Joon-ho is a master

Niall

Surprised Parasite is the one to earn universal acclaim. In recent years I thought Shoplifters or something like Burning were around the same quality, if not better.
I think Burning was a better film, but Parasite is probably a more accessible film for the masses.

Bahnz

The best S. Korean movie of recent vintage I've seen is The Wailing (been a couple of years now come to think of it). It's horror so no chance of being acknowledged in the mainstream, but few movies have effected a change of mood as drastically as this.
Oh yeah, the Wailing is absolutely outstanding, the pacing of it is just sublime

Flem274*

123/5
i adored the artemis fowl books as a kid. got ready for a nostalgia trip when i saw a movie was coming out but ah...that trailer...disney are awful.

Grasshopper

Recently watched an excellent Russian film called Beanpole. Wonderfully acted and a heartbreaking story. Highly recommended.