• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Search results

1. Great Birtannia

Ashes Death Plot Revealed

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,20547173-661,00.html Ashes death plot revealed Fiona Hudson and Mark Dunn October 09, 2006 12:00am THE London Tube bombers plotted to kill the Australian cricket team by spraying sarin gas into their change rooms during last year's Ashes series...
  2. Great Birtannia

Blast from the Past: World Series Cup 94/95

http://aus.cricinfo.com/link_to_database/ARCHIVE/1994-95/OD_TOURNEYS/WSC/ Competing Countries: Australia, Australia A, England, Zimbabwe Final standings: http://aus.cricinfo.com/link_to_database/ARCHIVE/1994-95/OD_TOURNEYS/WSC/WSC_TABLE_12JAN95.html Australia squad: Slater, Taylor, M.Waugh...
  3. Great Birtannia

World's Gheyest Inventions

Can anyone top one of these beauties? I remember they were all the rage when they were released a few years back in the US and it seems I ran into, literally, the only man in Australia ever to own one. The bloke, in his 40s or 50s, came flying around a corner unsighted, there was a massive...
  4. Great Birtannia

Cartoon Cricketers

First off let me shamelessly admit that I have stolen the idea from an AFL forum most of the Aussie Rules following crowd would be aware of. They have done the concept to death over there with AFL players so why not let the creative folk at cricketweb have a crack at players (past and present)...
  5. Great Birtannia

16.51 Cents

Otherwise known as a New Zealand 20c piece. A can of coke tastes so much better when you pay with one of those and rip the machine off 3.49 cents don't you think? NZ 5c and 10c pieces have also infiltrated the Australian monetary system although they are not quite as prevalent as their 20c...
  6. Great Birtannia

World Cup Mediawatch

Most of the really stupid media pieces regarding the world cup will be restricted to Australia and America with reporters and media personalities that have zero idea on the game jumping on the bandwagon (jumping off in America perhaps). I managed to catch a bit of Sunrise this morning and they...
  7. Great Birtannia

Rooney

There is an article on the sydney morning herald website about a few of the young players training with the Socceroos.... KRISTIAN SARKIES(Melbourne Victory). Born 25.10.86. The Victory attacking midfielder is "loving" his exposure to the big time, even if he is not so pleased about the...
  8. Great Birtannia

Shock First Round Exit

Which of the group favourites do you think is most likely to bow out early and return home in disgrace? Argentina for me unless Messi is at full fitness and has a brilliant world cup. Serbia & Montenegro are solid defensively and physically intimidating, Ivory Coast are the best African side...
  9. Great Birtannia

Australia "A" squad announced

http://cricket.com.au/default.aspx?s=newsdisplay&id=37035 The side will play a series of one-day, four-day and Twenty20 matches in Cairns and Darwin, beginning in July. Cullen Bailey (SA), Travis Birt (Tas), Mark Cosgrove (SA) Daniel Cullen (SA), Brett Dorey (WA), Brad Haddin (c) (NSW), Ben...
  10. Great Birtannia

Best of the Rest - WC squad

Ok, so I'm sitting here bored and have decided to piece together a squad of players whose countries choked in the qualifiers *cough* Nigeria *cough* and those that didn't stand a chance e.g. Wales :) Only one player per country is allowed in the 23 man squad. I have come up with the following...
  11. Great Birtannia

Best of the Rest - World Cup Squad

Ok, so I'm sitting here bored and have decided to piece together a squad of players whose countries choked in the qualifiers *cough* Nigeria *cough* and those that didn't stand a chance e.g. Wales :) Only one player per country is allowed in the 23 man squad. I have come up with the following...
  12. Great Birtannia

No Youngsters

I got to the end of my first season at Derbyshire and when I got to the screen for next year there were no youngsters to sign. I had one mediocre player promoted from the academy that I reluctantly snapped up, and I signed Davies for Worcestershire and Doshi from Surrey, but it is pretty hard to...