• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

1st Test, Edgbaston, Birmingham

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Bairstow has to go, surely. Fair weather cricketer not up for a fight on any evidence. And a sook. Remember when he had a cry when he wasn’t keeping?
We are hopefully getting close to Stokes Foakes Woakes.

Flem274*

123/5
There's no way England can survive another 60 overs at this point. Might as well have a go at it.
to fit the theme of this page, england had exactly this stunt pulled on them by wagner (and sodhi)

granted i cant remember the state of hagley oval deck at the time, but you gotta try

Burgey

Poor Mooen. Even at the non strikers he looks a tortured soul atm. Feel for the bloke. He seems a good fella who’s just completely devoid of form and confidence atm with bat and ball.

mr_mister

to fit the theme of this page, england had exactly this stunt pulled on them by wagner (and sodhi)

granted i cant remember the state of hagley oval deck at the time, but you gotta try
Yep. SOK and Nevill scored 100 ball 15s each to nearly dead bat their way to a draw in the SC a few years back

'just have a go' serves no real purpose other than entertainment

morgieb

Yep. SOK and Nevill scored 100 ball 15s each to nearly dead bat their way to a draw in the SC a few years back

'just have a go' serves no real purpose other than entertainment
If Moeen was actually in form trying to defend would work, but he just seems shot. I just cannot see how this English tail can grind it out.

TheJediBrah

Man, these fellas are hitting the bat hard for day five. Ripping in hard
If Patto and Cum can stay on the park and keep bowling like this Aus will be hard to beat for the next few years. If Starc can come back somewhere near his best, forget about it.