• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

1st Test, Edgbaston, Birmingham

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
So weird looking at the England teams career averages. Root and Anderson are the outliers and everyone else averages between 19 and 36. Not having a second bat averaging 36+ is a pretty big problem.

Burgey

Has he lived up to your expectations this outing?
Yeah he’s been pretty good considering he hasn’t played at this level for so long. Lost a yard but still sharp enough and did a good job keeping it tight pretty much all match. Also knocked Root over in the first dig but the bails stayed on.

Gets a pass mark but still not sure if he plays next test or not. Hard to omit Siddle on this match, and they obviously like his control.

First dig I thought Cummins needed a rest but he’s been insane today. Patto may be rested for Lords. I mean, Starc and Haze in the wings are more than ok.

I’d play him again then rest him for the third, but Starc at Lord’s appeals to me as well. Not easy

Last edited: