• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2nd Match - Bangladesh v Pakistan (16th March)

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AndyZaltzHair

Nah, they suck in world events and tournament finals even in BD. They just freeze up in the big stage. Bowling falls to pieces, tactical errors, panicked fielding (which sometimes leads to to some epic efforts like today's catch tbf).

Quite a lot like SA tbh. Can't handle the nervous energy, panic too soon, unable to keep a calm head.
Bottled it bad at home in WC 2011 against WI by going 58 all out when everyone was expecting something good; Stumbled on two Asia cup finals too both at home. Can't perform under pressure on big occasions

zorax

likes this
Bottled it bad at home in WC 2011 against WI by going 58 all out when everyone was expecting something good; Stumbled on two Asia cup finals too both at home. Can't perform under pressure on big occasions
Yea they can dominated the home bilateral series all they like, but if they are constantly messing up big games like those, no one is going to take them seriously as a cricketing force.

Very disappointing start this. Luckily we got 4 more games; although this was the easiest.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Yea they can dominated the home bilateral series all they like, but if they are constantly messing up big games like those, no one is going to take them seriously as a cricketing force.

Very disappointing start this. Luckily we got 4 more games; although this was the easiest.
Weird you say this as Bangladesh is being taken more seriously now than before.

Tec15

What "freezing" happened with the bat today? Two of the best T-20 batsmen went fairly early slogging while chasing an enormous total. After that the woefully out of form Shakib and Mushfiq stunk up the joint. It's not like they were playing any better in the Asia Cup previously. The same people who failed then are failing now, while the same passengers who were being picked then are being picked now. No need to search for a deeper meaning.

Tec15

Who's "We"? India?

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Pakistan bowling is terrific and they had a huge total to chase. Usually I would expect a team to crumble. Bangladesh did well to reach 140+ today.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
I am surprised at the anguish of zorax. Bangladesh has improved a lot in the last 2-3 years and continues to improve. This doesn't mean a team will win every knock out game they play. These are giant steps as far as I am concerned and they are constantly improving.

Black_Warrior

Weird you say this as Bangladesh is being taken more seriously now than before.
Not necessarily. If we go by CW, outside of few people like PEWS, Zorax or myself and a few others who follow their cricket and are aware of their home series wins. Otherwise if you look at it, in general people still don't take them very seriously because bilateral home wins generally don't create a lot of noise, especially when it's a 'small' team like Bangladesh.

In order to gain widespread respect and prove themselves, they need a solid performance at a World stage, such as World T20 or Champions Trophy or World Cup. Until then, we will have a lot of people dismissing Bangladesh despite their home wins, because they just don't follow what Bangladesh do at home.

AndyZaltzHair

What "freezing" happened with the bat today? Two of the best T-20 batsmen went fairly early slogging while chasing an enormous total. After that the woefully out of form Shakib and Mushfiq stunk up the joint. It's not like they were playing any better in the Asia Cup previously. The same people who failed then are failing now, while the same passengers who were being picked then are being picked now. No need to search for a deeper meaning.
I think Zorax is meaning the whole team's performance as collective

Tec15

Nah they didn't bat well at all. But this theory of them doing well at home bilaterals and "freezing" at big events is complete bs. They wouldn't have done any better if they were chasing the same total at the Asia Cup at home.

smalishah84

The Tiger King
Pakistan bowling is terrific and they had a huge total to chase. Usually I would expect a team to crumble. Bangladesh did well to reach 140+ today.
yeah but they played this exact same bowling attack just a few weeks ago, and on this belter of a pitch they should have made 175 at the least, if pak had 200, their rr is going to look really bad now

Black_Warrior

I am surprised at the anguish of zorax. Bangladesh has improved a lot in the last 2-3 years and continues to improve. This doesn't mean a team will win every knock out game they play. These are giant steps as far as I am concerned and they are constantly improving.
You are sounding like someone who doesn't follow their cricket all that much.

Bangladesh being excellent at home is old news for us. It's not longer "improvement" because we have seen this for a while.

Now we are waiting for them to translate that at a world stage, while you are now realizing that Bangladesh are excellent at home.