• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

32nd Match - Australia v Sri Lanka (8th March 2015)

Who will win this match?

• Sri Lanka

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Yea honestly this WC hasn't been fun to watch ball by ball for me, as others have been. It is way too predictable how each game progresses. The lower scoring affairs have been way more exciting.

Spark

Global Moderator
I'd honestly still take Dhoni over basically everyone else bar the top three or so tbh.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yea honestly this WC hasn't been fun to watch ball by ball for me, as others have been. It is way too predictable how each game progresses. The lower scoring affairs have been way more exciting.
Just no way you can say that the following matches were predictable in how they progressed:

- NZ vs. Aus
- Ind vs. SA
- Ind vs. WI
- WI vs. Pak
- SA vs. Pak
- SL vs. Aus
- Afg vs. Sco

Probs forgotten some others.

Spark

Global Moderator
In NZ Aus conditions and taking into account form Williamson definitely has it over him at the moment imo.
I don't know about NZ but his Aus record is outstanding (someone post that gigantic six he hit at Adelaide a few years back). Besides, he's a bonafide ATG.

Spark

Global Moderator
Just no way you can say that the following matches were predictable in how they progressed:

- NZ vs. Aus
- Ind vs. SA
- Ind vs. WI
- WI vs. Pak
- SA vs. Pak
- SL vs. Aus
- Afg vs. Sco

Ireland vs everyone except SA

Spark

Global Moderator
I should also say that among the bludgeoning that went on, what really stood out to me was the ease with which both Sangakkara and Clarke batted. Everyone else seemed to be pasting it, but they'd just caress it away with no less force than anyone else, but a whole lot less fuss. They were dismissive.
I only saw highlights of early Aus batting but Clarke looks in some nick

Burgey

Did you get the opportunity to share your views on Sri Lankas worth in world cricket with any of them :ph34r:
I did mention at the bar that SL remain minnows anywhere but home, and the odd decent effort in a losing cause doesn't change anything.*

*This may not actually be true.

Burgey

I only saw highlights of early Aus batting but Clarke looks in some nick
He took his time early on, and I think they might have missed a bit of a trick by leaving the field out to him at the get-go and allowing him to work singles around before he really got in. But once he was set, he looked really good. Was very surprising to see him get out tbh.

Mind you, every time he ran a single, the whole crowd was basically watching to see whether he felt his back.

hendrix

- NZ vs. Aus
- Ind vs. SA
- Ind vs. WI
- WI vs. Pak
- SA vs. Pak
- SL vs. Aus
- Afg vs. Sco

Afghanistan vs SL was a great game.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Afghanistan vs SL was a great game.
Yep great call.

Really don't get the complaints for the WC. Agree the format whereby we have 8 going to quarters is crap, but otherwise its been fantastic. People hate on the WC too much.

Burgey

Yeah I've really enjoyed the WC so far. Especially being able to see a lot of players I just don't often get the time to have a look at. It's been fantastic.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator

- NZ vs. Aus
- Ind vs. SA
- Ind vs. WI
- WI vs. Pak
- SA vs. Pak
- SL vs. Aus
- Afg vs. Sco

Zimbabwe v Ireland, Zimbabwe v Pakistan, and Ireland v UAE were awesome too. They all had real ramifications for the quarters once Ireland had beaten WI as well; they weren't your typical non-top-8 dead rubbers.

I'd even argue South Africa v Zimbabwe was a really good game. South Africa won comfortably enough in the end, but for the first 35 or so overs of each innings, Zimbabwe were actually on top.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Yep great call.

Really don't get the complaints for the WC. Agree the format whereby we have 8 going to quarters is crap, but otherwise its been fantastic. People hate on the WC too much.
I'm going to put it out there that despite preferring Tests to ODIs by a fair way, World Cup cricket is my favourite cricket.

After four years of seeing selectors take the piss with their ODI selections with trials and rotations due to the irrelevance of the 40 a year they play, it's great to see ODIs that actually mean something, with the selectors picking their best teams, the stadiums full and the CW threads buzzing.

I'm also a huge follower of associate cricket, so getting to see them play regularly over a few weeks with the spotlight of the mainstream cricket supporting public on them is also a great experience for me. Nothing beats walking into the pub and hearing someone talk about that young Zimbabwean, Irelish or Afghanistan player you've had wraps on for three years yourself. (I know, I know, 10 team WC in 2019 :( )

There have been lots of top matches in this World Cup -- either in terms of upsets of closeness at the end. I think silenstriker might be enjoying this one a bit less than the others because he's not quite as big of a cricket fan as he was during the others tbh.