• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

42nd Match - Ireland v Pakistan (15th March)

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jimbo the giant

That's a huge call. I still think SA's attack are better, even though they lost the head to head match on the day & I'm not convinced Pakistan's bowling attack is any better than India or the Windies, I really don't.
Ffs are you grouping India and Pakistan with the pathetic West Indies. I mean on their day they can be decent but only Taylor and Holder are good. India and Pakistan are so much more consistent it aint funny. West Indies are minnow level bowlers atm.

Last edited:

Zinzan

Ffs are grouping India and Pakistan with the pathetic West Indies. I mean on their day they can be decent but only Taylor and Holder are good. India and Pakistan are so much more consistent it aint funny. West Indies are minnow level bowlers atm.
Disagree entirely, if there's any commonality between those 3 sides, it's Pakistan and the Windies who belong together for their inconsistency. I do actually rate Irfan incidentally, but also rate Taylor (since coming back from his latest injury).

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
At best they're 4th=, definitely quit a distance behind SA with Philander back.
Yeah fair enough.

Its amazing though, this is probably Pakistan's 3rd string attack. Ridiculous how they pluck these guys from nowhere.

Jimbo the giant

Disagree entirely, if there's any commonality between those 3 sides, it's Pakistan and the Windies who belong together for their inconsistency. I do actually rate Irfan incidentally, but also rate Taylor (since coming back from his latest injury).
Do you understand its not their bowlers that let them down its their pathetic batting that cant post 250+.

West Indies have a lot more fire power in their batting line up.

kykweer.proteas

Steyn is my favorite cricket player, but Misbah is a close second

tuk................tuk....................tuk..................BOOM

Zinzan

Do you understand its not their bowlers that let them down its their pathetic batting that cant post 250+.

West Indies have a lot more fire power in their batting line up.
Of course batting is their main weakness & the major reason for me writing them off vs. Aust, I just don't happen to think their bowling is much better than average either.

Jimbo the giant

Look at SAs attack again AB/Duminy is their 5th bowling option. Thats easy runs for the opposition. Pak have decent bowlers and their team make up leads itself to not be so defensless in the middle and later overs. They are still the best team in the world at reverse swing. They have plenty of pace and their bowlers although similar in pace have quite different bowling styles.

Probably the team that would most benefit score board pressure because they don't have a weak bowler who releases the pressure. If you look hard enough you can pick holes in any team but there aren't that many holes in pakistans bowling line up.

halba

if pakistan can sort out their batting, they are a threat to australia. pakis best chance is to set a good total, and reverse swing it in australia's chase. australia if they win the toss should win this game.

Daemon

Lol get on with it sarfraz. If he's that nervous when trying to get a hundred he's got no chance when it comes to a real pressure situation.