• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Archived [18/10/06] : Battrick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mahindinho

Robertinho said:
Ooh, lost Reed. By the way, 'inho, check the Cup out: http://www.cricketweb.net/forum/showthread.php?t=20107
Well, I ended up scraping through thanks mainly to my two all-rounders...I'm going to have to chnage my pitch type, as this uneven stuff is doing my mental health absolutely no favours!

Still in cup, with another close one next week by the looks of things, so I may have to gracefully decline the CW BT Cup.

PY

Got through, now playing the team who beat Citizens Erased last round and I was already due to play them this week in the league. :blink:

Two home games in the space of 3 days set to net me approx. 500k in gate receipts. Ka-ching!

EDIT: Oh and another home game straight after that. I might be in the market for my all-rounder sooner than I thought. Aiming for 2.2m+ for a decent one....thoughts?

Adamc

Won my cup fixture easily enough, TIE'd in the end. Bowled them out for 196, with Whitehorne cleaning up at the end again taking 5-30. Cuss (85 off 132) and Watkins (69* off 72) anchored the chase to win by 7 wickets in 45 overs.

Cup fixtures are screwed at the moment but this is the team I should be playing when they're sorted out:

Cow Shot Corner XI

Top Order: superb
Middle Order: respectable
Lower Order: worthless
Seam Bowling: respectable
Spin Bowling: respectable
Fielding: woeful

Can't complain about that really, probably the weakest team left at this stage.

Johnners

Two more pops today...

4. Greg Ludlow - 17 yo, BT Rating=4,673
RH Batsman, RM Bowler, proficient batting form, woeful bowling form, sublime
An attacking player with superb leadership skills and abysmal experience.
Stamina: mediocre Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: competent Concentration: competent
Bowling: worthless Consistency: mediocre
Fielding: abysmal

11. Lloyd Groves - 18 yo, BT Rating=5,497
RH Batsman, RF Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, sublime
A steady player with competent leadership skills and woeful experience.
Stamina: feeble Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: woeful Concentration: woeful
Bowling: proficient Consistency: feeble

Groves is due for a Consistency pop sometime in the next 2/3 weeks as well thankfully.

nibbs

NZ commentary is suffering from some midnight bug. How gay is that. Had Rapid Wind 95/3 after 23 overs before the bug kicked in. So I'm confident that we're going to win this one

EDIT: the scoreboard pop up is still working! 171/1 after 31 overs chasing 253. duggan on 114, his 6th 100 this season, and waddell on 33. round of 32 next. i went through all the remaining games and a showdown with a top league side looks on the cards. can't say i'm best pleased about that ffs

Last edited:

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Adamc said:
Let me know the details you signed up with (team, username etc) and I'll pester the GMs about it.

battrick email said:
This e-mail is just to confirm that your application for a team called Tawonga under the username geg has been lodged.

Any help would be great :)

Agent TBY

Decent pops today:

Shulabh Malik - 19 yo, BT Rating=13,625
LH Batsman, RH Spin Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, sublime
A steady player with worthless leadership skills and feeble experience.
Stamina: competent Wicket Keeping: woeful
Batting: woeful Concentration: abysmal
Bowling: strong Consistency: respectable
Fielding: competent

Grady Woodward - 19 yo, BT Rating=18,020
RH Batsman, RM Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, fair
A defensive player with mediocre leadership skills and woeful experience.
Stamina: woeful Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: proficient Concentration: woeful
Bowling: proficient Consistency: strong
Fielding: feeble

nibbs

won my cup game by 8 wickets. duggan making 138. nz has gone all crazy. commentary stopped working at midnight bt time. scorecards are now 2 hours overdue. i'm also getting sick of these drunken imaginary people being blamed for the problems. ffs

just to make matters worse i am facing hammertime in the next round. that is if they sort out this crazy draw. hammertime has won the last 2 nz cups and are gunning for a three peat. so chances are quite high i'll be ready for the cw bt cup a lot earlier than initially anticipated

Last edited:

andyc

Some nice pops for me today

Gavin Canning - 19 yo, BT Rating=41,836
RH Batsman, RFM Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, fresh
An attacking player with woeful leadership skills and woeful experience.
Stamina: strong Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: superb Concentration: respectable
Bowling: remarkable Consistency: proficient
Fielding: feeble

Joe Erasmus - 19 yo, BT Rating=9,411
RH Batsman, RH Spin Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, sublime
A cautious player with feeble leadership skills and woeful experience.
Stamina: competent Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: abysmal Concentration: abysmal
Bowling: proficient Consistency: competent

Canning's fitness pop means I can give him a fielding net for a bit to get his secondaries up, before returning him to two bowling nets.

Robertinho

nibbs said:
i'm also getting sick of these drunken imaginary people being blamed for the problems. ffs
Haha I know, it's not even funny.

No pops today, however, unless I'm mistaken, next week will be a big one - Rayno -> superb bowling, Mcmillan -> superb batting and Gray -> strong w/k. Good times ahead.

nooga99

Got thrashed in the cup which was pretty much expected.

No pops except a few experience pops, 2 to mediocre and one to feeble or there abouts

PY

Just the one pop (might have couple next week hopefully) but it's my first remarkable player. :)

Sandeep Chanderpaul - 20 yo, BT Rating=32,625
RH Batsman, RM Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, sublime
A destructive player with competent leadership skills and mediocre experience.
Stamina: competent Wicket Keeping: abysmal
Batting: remarkable Concentration: proficient
Bowling: abysmal Consistency: competent
Fielding: strong

Going to leave him on one net until he goes wonderful then will probably leave him.

Oh and loving the full morale at the moment, membership crashed through 1900. :laugh: :cool2:

Robertinho

roseboy64 said:
What mediocres? Nolan and Higgins?
Sign up for the BT Cup, son. Right now we've got 27 teams, need another 5, I'm pretty confident that'll be down to 3, so we need YOU, to make it 2.

mikeW

Clark Hook - 20 yo, BT Rating=59,221
LH Batsman, LH Spin Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, sublime
A defensive player with woeful leadership skills and woeful experience.
Stamina: superb Wicket Keeping: mediocre
Batting: woeful Concentration: competent
Bowling: superb Consistency: sensational
Fielding: competent

Status
Not open for further replies.