• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Assange arrested

Dan

Global Moderator
I read this as 'Ausage arrested' to begin with, and thought Burgey had finally got his way.

Burgey

Same tbh. Had to do a quick scan of my surroundings.
You’re probably waiting for a ride in a State-owned bus shelter, which tbf you seem to equate with a gulag.

Hasn’t taken long for the Democracy Manifest meme to be reprised. I can’t say I had ever seen it before and it’s probably the funniest thing I’ve ever seen. And it does look like Assange being led away.

Spark

Global Moderator
Looks like it was related to a US extradition request.

Not sure how to feel about this. He's a rapist **** who probably should be in a jail, but in Sweden, and certainly not for whatever the Americans want to pin on him.

andmark

You almost have to admire that mad scientist look he had when he left the embassy. Unkempt grey beard really in full bloom there.

andmark

Would it be fair to assume Ecuador will be getting something out of this other than getting rid of someone who sounds like a nuisance?

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Looks like it was related to a US extradition request.

Not sure how to feel about this. He's a rapist **** who probably should be in a jail, but in Sweden, and certainly not for whatever the Americans want to pin on him.
Was the rape stuff proved? I tuned out years ago on him.

Uppercut

Was the rape stuff proved? I tuned out years ago on him.
He fled the country before he could be tried for it. The allegations fell in the Paddy Jackson/Stuart Olding area where a court might not convict, but even the best-case scenario makes him a disgusting, horrifying creep.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Yeah he almost certainly did it imo.

That aside, however, his arrest is a terrible development for freedom of press/freedom of expression.