• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Avengers Endgame (spoilers)

Bahnz

People that feel Captain America returning to be with Peggy is a plot hole are just straight up wrong. She is a super spy and he’s incredibly disciplined and knows that every major crisis more or less turns out okay. She mentions a husband in Winter Soldier but it’s just straight up Cap.

It still doesn't really make sense though. Are we really supposed to believe that nobody recognised Peggy Carter's husband as being probably the most famous man in late 40's Marvel-verse America? I mean, as Spark says it works as the conclusion to a character arc, which is what really matters. But you have to do a whole bunch of mental gymnastics to make it even begin to make sense.

Athlai

Not Terrible

It still doesn't really make sense though. Are we really supposed to believe that nobody recognised Peggy Carter's husband as being probably the most famous man in late 40's Marvel-verse America? I mean, as Spark says it works as the conclusion to a character arc, which is what really matters. But you have to do a whole bunch of mental gymnastics to make it even begin to make sense.
Peggy being a spy more or less gives it a free pass IMO. There is no reason to believe her colleagues intimately knew her husband, and Cap did just spend the last few years post Civil War in hiding in the modern era, with all the supposed added risks of surveillance and being hyper famous in the mass media era.

Of all the unbelievable logic defying issues superhero movies make, Captain America being able to grow a beard and say his name is Stan or something is really not one of them.

Bahnz

Overall a solid film. Not nearly as good as Infinity War, but I was never bored which is always a good sign in a 3 hour long movie.

Highlights
Captain America picking up Thor's Hammer.
Korg cameo
Pretty much all of the time-heist stuff

Lowlights
Thor basically being reduced to a fat-joke for the entire movie.
The final battle made my brains melt out of my ears.
Captain Marvel might as well have been Captain Phasma. Added nothing to the movie.
Thanos was a different, and much less interesting character in this one.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Overall a solid film. Not nearly as good as Infinity War, but I was never bored which is always a good sign in a 3 hour long movie.

Highlights
Korg cameo

Lowlights
Captain Marvel might as well have been Captain Phasma. Added nothing to the movie.
I'm surprised your last point hasn't been talked about as much. While I did enjoy seeing him fighting without the stones and his action bits. Having a Thanos as central villain that was pre-Gamorra death, was overall far less satisfying. His decision to trust the earlier version of Nebula with literally everything, and his relationship with his children just felt a lot less well depicted.

I supposed after the first 15 minutes the nuanced Thanos arc kind of ended, and he was mostly just there to fight.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Good point out the big battle scene. As far as big orchestrated battles go it really felt like it was obligatory.

OverratedSanity

Them just using random iron man glove to use the infinity stones was a bit weird after the previous movie made such a big deal out of the infinity gauntlet forged by Peter dinklage being the only thing that can handle it.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Them just using random iron man glove to use the infinity stones was a bit weird after the previous movie made such a big deal out of the infinity gauntlet forged by Peter dinklage being the only thing that can handle it.
Think that was intended as a nod to how much of a bad ass Tony is.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Random teenage boy at funeral was that young barn science kid that helped Tony and is future Iron Man yeah?

Spark

Global Moderator
This makes more sense if you assume that said random iron man glove is likely made by someone who apparently is a technical super-genius of the first order.

MW1304

This makes more sense if you assume that said random iron man glove is likely made by someone who apparently is a technical super-genius of the first order.
'Only a genius on earth' according to Rocket, apparently.

It's definitely a bit of an issue regardless of how seriously we're supposed to take that quote.

Spark

Global Moderator
'Only a genius on earth' according to Rocket, apparently.

It's definitely a bit of an issue regardless of how seriously we're supposed to take that quote.
Nah that doesn't bother me at all tbh. We've frequently seen Stark being able to "pull off", in-universe, ridiculous technical feats. Not really that hard to believe he could reverse engineer something with the stones, given that the same movie claims he invented a "time-travel GPS".

Bahnz

Yeah, also wasn't the original gauntlet left lying by Thanos' body after Thor executed him? Not a huge leap to assume that they took it back to Earth and Tony reverse-engineered a new one.

Anil

I'm surprised your last point hasn't been talked about as much. While I did enjoy seeing him fighting without the stones and his action bits. Having a Thanos as central villain that was pre-Gamorra death, was overall far less satisfying. His decision to trust the earlier version of Nebula with literally everything, and his relationship with his children just felt a lot less well depicted.

I supposed after the first 15 minutes the nuanced Thanos arc kind of ended, and he was mostly just there to fight.
i didn't see that much of an inconsistency...his reaction to some pesky time travelers trying to upend his grand plan seemed pretty natural for thanos...and since the guardians 1 timeline happened after loki's attack (i think), he already had reason to be irritated with the avengers...trusting nebula to get the stones while he just sat and waited, that was a little weird...

how they used gamorra in the movie was a little confusing for me...since she skipped past her vormir death and came to the future, i was assuming she would continue to be part of the guardians team but after she shot old nebula and took down an amorous quill, she was nowhere to be seen...not even in their ship at the end...also was thor ever a part of the guardians team in the comics? does that mean thor is also part of phase 4? also how about prof. hulk? does look like he will at least have some guest roles during phase 4...

one more thing, the way the team handled the stones was also weird for me...after what happened in the first avenger and especially guardians 1, i thought no ordinary person could pick them up by hand without being destroyed...i thought they would have some special containers to put the stones in when they did the time heist but other than the tesseract and the mind stone, it looked like they were just collecting some jewelry and pocketing them...

Last edited:

Howe_zat

Highlights
Korg cameo

Lowlights
Agree with #1 and mostly #3 though having her not show up would have been worse. I can't think of a way to include her better.

Don't agree with #2, it had some great moments, even though it was rather 'inelegant' in Kermode's words (in other words, some shits not given on having it make sense, which was a little disappointing)

#4 makes sense because IW was Thanos' film, this wasn't

Howe_zat

how they used gamorra in the movie was a little confusing for me...since she skipped past her vormir death and came to the future, i was assuming she would continue to be part of the guardians team but after she shot old nebula and took down an amorous quill, she was nowhere to be seen...not even in their ship at the end....
Tony Stark snapped out everyone who travelled on the ship with Thanos... ouch

Anil

Tony Stark snapped out everyone who travelled on the ship with Thanos... ouch
really, gamorra was dusted as well?! i didn't notice that but logic aside, that would be a big surprise if they ended her character that way...

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Just watched it, boy that was immense.

I’m shattered and now I have to go and watch the Battle of Winterfell.

Detailed thoughts maybe later but agreed with athlai largely

Athlai

Not Terrible
I'm pretty certain (As)Guardians of the Galaxy 3 will have finding 2014 version of Gamorra as a major plot point. She actively fought on the Avengers side in the battle and was part of the big girl power shot. Zero chance she turned to dust. Stark was even directly aware of who she was through Nebula AND Quill right?

Don't think thats a plot hole either. Gamorra doesn't know anyone except Nebula in this version of herself, shes still a good person but it's pre-Guardians of the Galaxy her. She just gapped it.

Last edited: