• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Avengers Endgame (spoilers)

Spark

Global Moderator
...is by far the most ambitious, most complex series finale I've ever seen.

I liked it.

Athlai

Not Terrible
...is by far the most ambitious, most complex series finale I've ever seen.

I liked it.
Agreed. I'll hold off in depth thoughts for a week or so because people will inevitably give in to temptation and spoil themselves

Spark

Global Moderator
I think it goes without saying that this is a spoilers thread, although I'll say it anyway

Spark

Global Moderator
I mean don't get me wrong, from a logical plotting POV it's a hot mess; there are big segments of the film's architecture which flat out do not make sense or leave glaring inconsistencies/problems. But it's clear that that's all been deliberately sacrificed to make the character arcs coherent, because this movie is - more than I expected - almost entirely about those character arcs, and they basically work. So it works, and works on its own merits.

But yeah, this is basically a series finale. If you don't really care that much about the "series" as a whole, you might not get a lot out of this movie.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Best moments:

That opening scene, and the follow up scene of Ronin/Hawkeye later on.
I am Iron Man.
Cap wielding Mjilnor in a manner that showed he knew he was worth all along (Thor also acknowledging this)
Cap with a broken shield getting up to face off against Thanos and his entire army.
When Wong and co. Rohirrum that **** fifteen seconds later.
Somehow the movie making me second, triple and quadruple myself on Hawkeye v Black Widow. Rare to see such a desperate attempt to sacrifice yourself in film.
He finally got the dance.
“Hail Hydra”
When they ****ing destroy Thanos at the start.

Have seen people complain online about the timelines thing, but disagree entirely, Cap went back and basically ensure that the timelines they took the stones from could one day have their future. They made that pretty clear in the movie. There are only two key exceptions to this, and they likely more or less form exactly what the Sorcerer Supreme was worried about for one specific timeline (likely hers), and that’s Loki escaped with the space stone (and Thanos left his timeline entirely). I think we should probably just assume this is the same single alternate reality. Where Loki has an infinity stone and never gets his redemption arc (Thor 2) because he isn’t in custody for that particular reality.

That’s probably only going to matter for his spin off tv show, so no sense in worrying about it IMO.

People that feel Captain America returning to be with Peggy is a plot hole are just straight up wrong. She is a super spy and he’s incredibly disciplined and knows that every major crisis more or less turns out okay. She mentions a husband in Winter Soldier but it’s just straight up Cap.

Anil

I think it goes without saying that this is a spoilers thread, although I'll say it anyway
can you add (spoilers allowed) to the thread title or something so people don't click on the thread and see something they can't unsee...:)?

Athlai

Not Terrible
so just pointlessly thinking about people coming back, Since they more or less seem to come back relative to their position when they were snapped, people snapped in planes wouldn’t just plummet out of the sky, they’d probably appear in the plane they disappeared in.

Meaning any currently in the air could suddenly be full of additional passengers. And any plane that crashed into the ocean would suddenly have a bunch of people under the water. I know it’s a grim thought, but the snap back would still probably see a day where tens of thousands if not hundreds of thousands of people die.

Also imagine how common it’d be for people to have moved on and remarried and started new families? It’s been five years.

They’re fun sci fi questions not really appropriate to be properly answered or examined in the medium. Still fun food for thought though

Howe_zat

Wasn't expecting it to be primarily a film about dads. I got a little bit wobbly at times. I'm getting old.

Is it coincidence that the teens and students that saw Iron Man 11 years ago are the age of new fathers now? It's probably not a coincidence.

Anil

saw it, very well done overall, could have been an unwieldy mess managing all the characters in it but it was pretty organized for the most part...

OverratedSanity

Very enjoyable. Surprisingly effective emotional moments too.

Best things in the movie :

- Very nicely done end to cap and iron man's story
- "Hail Hydra" and cap vs vap
-Fat drunk fortnite trash talking thor
-A rat essentially being the one who saves the galaxy

Last edited:

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Most Marvel films are 7/10 but this was definitely at least an 8 tbh.

There were moment I started questioning certain things that were happening then just shook my head and went on enjoying it. Though there were honestly a few times in the first half of the movie I was actually kind of bored. But that's the setup for an awesome second half.

I was kind of hoping they wouldn't go down a deus ex machina time machine solution but they did it in a way that was different, so it was good...but was hoping for something different.

Teared up at Tony dying and then Captain getting his dance. Guess it was a 9/10.

Last edited:

MW1304

i thought it was solid. if you like marvel you'll like it, if you don't like marvel then you won't like it.
Not really. I'm not huge on Marvel but I found this to be a triumph, almost entirely because of how well the characters were handled. In a lot of cases the completions of their several-movies-long arcs were better than much of what got them there.