• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Avengers Endgame (spoilers)

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Avengers Pro Tip: Watch in 2D. Nearly empty hall while people keep vying for 3D tickets. Also, 2D experience far better than 3D for me.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
I actually thought Thanos was well done. We didn't really see much of his combat strategist side in IW. He made some smart moves (using the power stone, destroying the mini-van instead of CM) during the final fight that kept him in the game.

Overall, really liked the movie. It was entertaining and had me hooked almost throughout. As others have mentioned, there were plenty of plot holes and the story felt forced at times, but I was able to ignore all that because of the focus on character arcs.

Favorite moments:

- Cap handling Mjolnir
- Hail Hydra
- I am...Iron Man
- Cap getting ready to face off against Thor's entire army

Really just loved everything Cap in this movie. He barely did anything in IW so his send-off more than makes up for it.

Spark

Global Moderator
In hindsight IW really could easily just have been titled "Thanos". The entire movie is about him.

Flem274*

123/5
iron man and black widow dying makes me sad. iron man is my fave and they haven't even given black widow a movie, the ****s.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Maybe that's why her death seemed like such a non-event, really. Like, there wasn't as much of an emotional connection to her dying, and the funeral was all about Tony - nothing about her. It's almost as if her death didn't even really register in a properly significant way.

Unless she's not dead.

Athlai

Not Terrible
It’s a prequel, presumably about her spy days for Russia and probably culminating in her meeting Baton and “Budapest” happening.

OverratedSanity

Maybe that's why her death seemed like such a non-event, really. Like, there wasn't as much of an emotional connection to her dying, and the funeral was all about Tony - nothing about her. It's almost as if her death didn't even really register in a properly significant way.

Unless she's not dead.
Her death was well done and packed a good punch imo.

Atleast when it actually happened. But as you said, everyone seemed to forget about her when iron man died, which was a bit awkward.

stephen

I thought it was good. Not quite as good as infinity war but a very satisfying conclusion. Lots of plot holes as there always is in a time travel movie but it was good nonetheless. Captain America was the best character and Marvel the worst. The grill power moment was cringe worthy. But all in all this was one of the top Marvell movies.

vcs

My office sponsored a team outing to go watch this movie today. My thoughts:

I preferred to stay back and work because Marvel and comic book movies in general bore me to tears.

smalishah84

The Tiger King
I thought it was good. Not quite as good as infinity war but a very satisfying conclusion. Lots of plot holes as there always is in a time travel movie but it was good nonetheless. Captain America was the best character and Marvel the worst. The grill power was cringe worthy. But all in all this was one of the top Marvell movies.
Yeah,bar bq wasn't good :ph34r:

smalishah84

The Tiger King
I didn't like the kind of time travel in endgame. I mean I had seriously bought into the back to the Future time travel where you could not meet your own self from the past. My reaction was pretty similar to Ant-Man reaction :p

Athlai

Not Terrible
I’ve always been a believer in the Die Hard style time travel so was also pretty gutted.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Watched it because the wife likes these movies. It was a good movie, judging by the standards of other superhero movies. Satisfying conclusion, but I feel too many people are still alive at the end. I think the costs should have been higher, considering the stakes. With that said, Logan is the only superhero movie I've actually thoroughly enjoyed.

Last edited: