• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Bangladesh in South Africa

Woodster

All the Bangldeshi batsman look severely lacking in technique and general cricketing nous, with not a great deal of fight there. Undeserving of playing Test cricket. Each one will play a decent innings every now and then, but exposure at this level is doing absolutely nothing to enhance their chances of ever being able to compete at the highest level.

Rant0r

they get more than enough exposure, and coaching, they are just brainless, i'm so over them, swap their status with ireland or kenya

Woodster

they get more than enough exposure, and coaching, they are just brainless, i'm so over them, swap their status with ireland or kenya
Yes, think you mis-understood. I was suggesting that Bangladesh being exposed to Test cricket is doing nothing to make them a better side. Therefore, they would make bigger strides facing Test nations 'A' team sides.

Rant0r

problem is the a-teams from asia only seem to play IN asia, the aussies send their a-teams everywhere

Woodster

Yes I'm sure there are practical problems with the suggestion, but it would be a much better standard for this Bangladesh side to be competing at. They would discover how to win games, recognise what is needed in different situations to win a game over 4/5 days. They would also still get the run around against some nations 'A' sides, there's no doubt about that, they certainly wouldn't have it all their own way.

Rant0r

i still maintain their biggest problem is the lack of some basic brain patterns whilst batting, i'm starting to sound like a broken record

andruid

Yes, think you mis-understood. I was suggesting that Bangladesh being exposed to Test cricket is doing nothing to make them a better side. Therefore, they would make bigger strides facing Test nations 'A' team sides.
A teams are already quite content playing amongst themselves and the odd occasional tour of Kenya. They shoud make a point of visiting other associates.

problem is the a-teams from asia only seem to play IN asia, the aussies send their a-teams everywhere
Asian teams are the only ones who actually seem to play anyone and normally its just Kenya. they should get around.

Yes I'm sure there are practical problems with the suggestion, but it would be a much better standard for this Bangladesh side to be competing at. They would discover how to win games, recognise what is needed in different situations to win a game over 4/5 days. They would also still get the run around against some nations 'A' sides, there's no doubt about that, they certainly wouldn't have it all their own way.
They should play more 4-5 day games against the likes of Ireland,namibia and Kenya, who are fairly strong but are lacking in exposure to teams in this format that actually press them to improve.

Last edited:

Briony

I dont agree, SAF played spinners very well when they toured Pakistan, Bangladesh, India in last 18 months or so...
They have improved but have regressed this series. Their tail's always struggled to combat it but AB seems to be getting himself into some bad habits against it and Kallis looks dodgy as well. He shouldn't be getting bowled by Banger spinners with a big gap between bat and pad.

Uppercut

They have improved but have regressed this series. Their tail's always struggled to combat it but AB seems to be getting himself into some bad habits against it and Kallis looks dodgy as well. He shouldn't be getting bowled by Banger spinners with a big gap between bat and pad.
The good news is they're playing Australia next so any weakness against spin will be irrelevant.

Briony

The good news is they're playing Australia next so any weakness against spin will be irrelevant.
Or any of dubious quality such as Krejza or Hauritz might trouble them as their tail just has to spot a spinner and duly capitulates.

Precambrian

Banned
Bangladesh might be a below average test team, but they have got some good spinners, who on their day can trouble any opposition. Sad thing they don't have even a pacer of note, and batsmen who are crap.

popepouri

TBF, AB had a brain lapse and Kallis has struggled against all kinds of bowling because of his recent lack of form.

Last edited: