• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Bangladesh in South Africa

TT Boy

Fixtures

November

Wednesday 5th
Twenty20 International (D/N)- South Africa v Bangladesh
New Wanderers Stadium, Johannesburg

Friday 7th
1st ODI (D/N)- South Africa v Bangladesh
Senwes Park, Potchefstroom

Sunday 9th
2nd ODI - South Africa v Bangladesh
Willowmoore Park, Benoni

Wednesday 12th
3rd ODI (D/N)- South Africa v Bangladesh
Buffalo Park, East London

Saturday 15th - Sunday 16th
South Africa A v Bangladeshis
De Beers Diamond Oval, Kimberley

Wednesday 19th - Sunday 23rd
1st Test - South Africa v Bangladesh
OUTsurance Oval, Bloemfontein

Wednesday 26th - Sunday 30th
2nd Test - South Africa v Bangladesh
SuperSport Park, Centurion

South African 20/20 squad...
Graeme Smith (capt), Johan Botha (vice-capt), Loots Bosman, AB de Villiers, JP Duminy, Herschelle Gibbs, Rory Kleinveldt, Ryan McLaren, Albie Morkel, Morne Morkel, Justin Ontong, Dale Steyn.

South Africa ODI squad...
Graeme Smith (capt), Johan Botha (vice-capt), Hashim Amla, Mark Boucher, AB de Villiers, JP Duminy, Herschelle Gibbs, Jacques Kallis, Ryan McLaren, Albie Morkel, Morne Morkel, Justin Ontong, Dale Steyn, Monde Zondeki.

South African test squad...
Graeme Smith (capt), Neil McKenzie, Hashim Amla, Jacques Kallis, AB de Villiers, Ashwell Prince, JP Duminy, Mark Boucher, Paul Harris, Morne Morkel, Makhaya Ntini, Dale Steyn, Monde Zondeki.

TT Boy

Disappointing not to see McLaren given the test series considering Mickey Arthur has said his likely to tour Aus in front of Nel.

And as for Steyn and Morkel at Centurion, that could be a test over fairly quick.

pup11

Lambs left out for slaughter, that's how is see Bangers on a tour like this, but its a good opportunity for a the Proteas to look to re-build their side (ODI team to be precise) before the tour of Australia.

Hopefully Bangladeshi players too would gain some experience out of this tour.

Goughy

What can anyone tell me about Rory Kleinveldt?
Coloured player (well I was told he was, these things seem up for debate). Used to be able to bowl at a decent pace but doesnt do so regularly. Has had weight problems.

Was a good prospect years ago but isnt close to International standard at he moment.

Like a lot of South African quicks, he is a good allround cricketer and hits the ball hard.

2-3 years ago there was a buzz about him but he has failed to dazzle and build on that potential.

He is a player Ive tuned into games especially to watch and has failed to impress. I did not, however, see anything of his stint in County cricket and he may have done better there.

Last edited:

TT Boy

Coloured player (well I was told he was, these things seem up for debate). Used to be able to bowl at a decent pace but doesnt do so regularly. Has had weight problems.

Was a good prospect years ago but isnt close to International standard at he moment.

Like a lot of South African quicks, he is a good allround cricketer and hits the ball hard.

2-3 years ago there was a buzz about him but he has failed to dazzle and build on that potential.

He is a player Ive tuned into games especially to watch and has failed to impress. I did not, however, see anything of his stint in County cricket and he may have done better there.
Played one game in about two months. He turned up bigger than a Stormer front rower...

Langeveldt

Soutie
Yeah I hope Kleinveldt gets a gig, always been a fan of his, perhaps this will be provide a bit of impetus to his game..

cricman

The 20/20 @ Wanders should be fun, Batsmen Like Ashraful get a Alot more Margin for Error for Shots in the Air

cricman

Series Starts Next Week :@ no warms or nothing ... Going to From Short Balls that doesn't even Bounce to a Short Ball From Steyn that'll knock Your Head off :-O

Hopefully Rasel and Mashrafe can pick up Wickets ... I feel Ashraful Bats better on Bouncy Pitches but the Rest are gonna have a Hard Time

http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/rsavb...ry/375716.html

Bangladesh squad: Mohammad Ashraful(C), Mashrafe Mortaza, Abdur Razzak, Syed Rasel, Shakib Al Hasan, Tamim Iqbal, Raqibul Hasan, Shahadat Hossain, Mushfiqur Rahim, Zunaed Siddique, Mehrab Hossain Jr., Nazmul Hossain, Naeem Islam, Mahbubul Alam, Imrul Kayes

EDIT: The Previous Post was Pre ICL, Aftab and Kapali are ripping that League Apart

TT Boy

Captain Smith has been ruled out of the 20/20, his hoping to play some part of the Bangladesh series but Dale Steyn does return! Steyn hasn't played a game since the tour of England due to injury and illness so it will be interesting to see how he gets on...

Side...

Loots
Gibbs
AB - w/k
JP
Ontong
Albie
Botha - Captain
Kleinveldt
Louw
Morne
Steyn