• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best/Worst Accent?

Uppercut

Personally I love the Aussie one but that's a bit controversial. Jamaican must be the best around, can't see anyone dealing with the formidable Marley-Holding new ball partnership.

Contenders for the worst include Liverpool, Glasgow and of course my own atrocious Northern Irish dialect. Myself, Corrin and Furball tend to get on well because we all sound like lawnmowers being pushed across a pile of broken blackboards.

Pothas

Australian accent treads a fine line, really like it in some forms but then you get the GIllard model which is up there with the very worst.

I do like most accents actually, even have an affection for Brummie (if not spoken by Adrian Chiles). Welsh The worst though

Howe_zat

My accent is rather appalling because no matter who I'm talking to it's the wrong one. The real worst accent, though, is the Baltimore one that forces me to watch The Wire episodes with subtitles on. Embarrassing.

Not sure on best. An accent from somewhere like Limerick has a lot of charm to it.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Scottish accent on a woman is hot, IMO. First girl I ever copped off with was a Glaswegian. Dublin accent nice on a bird as well.

Not sure aside from that on accents I like in general but Brummie is obviously the worst accent ever

fredfertang

... anything but that ****ing affected plummy accent that Thatcher uses- christ all the fuss about this bleeding film is bringing it all back - didn't think I did hatred anymore, but it seems some grievances are never forgotten

Agent Nationaux

I like the Irish and the South African accent. A French accent on a hot French girl is to die for. :wub:

Hate Scouse and Geordie accent.

Uppercut

Not sure on best. An accent from somewhere like Limerick has a lot of charm to it.
Considering it's famous only for its high number of stabbings its inhabitants do sound quite wonderful. They have a unique ability to always seem welcoming and good-humoured regardless of whether they're proposing or telling you to **** off.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Whatever sledger's accent is classed as is the worst. Utter filth. Should be banned.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
To be fair, I don't really have a problem with any accent per se, it's the strength of the accents which get me. An incredibly strong accent is usually pretty bad regardless of where it's from. Really thick Welsh, Scouse, and Brummie accents are particularly dire. But then so is a really exaggerated Home Counties accent, the users of which say "yah" when they ought to say "yes".

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Haven't been out with the other two for a while, that seems to be the main occasions when I've called you to pass on some northern abuse

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Haven't been out with the other two for a while, that seems to be the main occasions when I've called you to pass on some northern abuse
One of the two kept sending me friend requests on facebook after I deleted him, I'm sure I don't need to tell you which one.

Might send him some abuse later actually.