• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best/Worst Accent?

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Nothing wrong with either a Glaswegian or a Northern Irish accent, provided it's not particularly harsh. I've got a bit of a mix of both, worked with loads of Ulstermen in my early 20s so I've somehow managed to pick up a bit of a twang - I've been asked before whereabouts in Ireland I'm from.

I'll defend the Scousers as soon as someone makes me aware of a Scouser who can actually talk properly.
Loosely related, but my mates reckon I pick up a slight Kiwi accent on some words when I watch too much New Zealand cricket.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I've picked up some bad habits working in Northwich, quasi-Mancspeak, pretty vile. Same thing happened when I worked in Liverpool city centre, accent got stronger and started using some terms a lot more.

Ikki

Irish and Jamaican. Could be talking about their laundry and it sounds interesting. Maybe it's not just the accent but the word choice and colloquialisms.

Oh yeah, and Mexicans. Orale carnal!

Last edited:

ankitj

I work with lot of Irish people and their accent has been rather easy on ears.

Worst accent - Italian. There is this Italian guy I have to get in meetings with occasionally. Have to pay so much close attention, I start getting headache after a while.

Son Of Coco

I like the Irish, Scottish (not Neds), Scandinavian, and some English accents (not those form the North obviously, or chavs). French girls speaking English = hot...French guys speaking English = ****ing annoying.