• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Bi-monthly

What do you think bi-monthly means?

• Total voters

Perm

In light of this conversation with Mr Casson, the question has been asked. What do you think bi-monthly means?

MSN said:
Zac/Perm says:
writing their bi-monthly newsletter. haha. pretty pleased with myself itbt
Gerard says:
sweet!
Gerard says:
bi-monthly... is that fortnightly?
Zac/Perm says:
bi=two, so every second month. in reality it's about every 6 weeks tho
Zac/Perm says:
dunno what you'd call that, double tri-weekly?
Zac/Perm says:
tri-fortnightly?
Gerard says:
ahaha
Zac/Perm says:
nfi
Gerard says:
see to me bimonthly has to be fortnightly
Gerard says:
two/twice monthly
Gerard says:
weird ****s
Zac/Perm says:
will poll for opinions on CW

Burgey

Always thought bi-monthly = every two months.
Every two weeks = bi-weekly doesn't it?
Edit: James beat me to it. From Ask Oxford:

bimonthly

• adjective & adverb appearing or taking place twice a month or every two months.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I've always assumed it to mean "every two months", which seems to be its accepted usage, but English is peppered with ambiguities, so could see a case for both.

Smudge

Seen much of Fa'aitu Tuamoheloa, Perm? Big, bumping centre, although his hands are a bit suspect.