• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Breaking News* New team for Season XIII

Mr Mxyzptlk

I thought that's what the salary cap/limit of contracted players/additional points for the sixth player/etc were designed to do?
A salary cap only goes so far. Considering that players go inactive/retire even under contract, a salary cap can only go so far. There can never be equality in any sport, let alone in a domestic league for that sport.

Mr Mxyzptlk

:laugh: Indeed.

I don't think anyone is "scared" of playing the Masters XI. I just don't see any value in it, or what it really adds to the competition if most teams are just going to get smashed.
So there's no benefit gained by an inferior team (everyone else) playing a team like Australia? One highly effective way of learning to beat the best is by playing the best. And this team isn't even the best. Defeat may be likely (though hardly inevitable, as you suggest - such negativity) but it's how a team can learn to win.

Last edited:

Mr Mxyzptlk

Shouldn't put words in people's mouth. No one ever said they were scared to have this side in the comp. Looks like your pretty much made up your mind on the matter so there no point in discussing it really.
Not a great sense of debating skills there, tbh. Aside from life (especially in sport) being boring without conflict.

age_master

I think that it will be great for the league to have teams playing against stronger opposition, and at the very least, its more games played for each team which is never a bad thing.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
It will at least get rid of the ugly bye system and keep interest levels up. I for one think we can take the masters team, but thats just IMO.

Mr Mxyzptlk

I actually think this is an alright idea. Would mind playing Eddie, Goff, Fitzsimmons and the like, with their permission of course.
If we're using CW players, I'd prefer that they be active retirees. ie, people who would actually contribute to the discussion threads.

And it's extremely unlikely that we would secure the permission of 15 retired players.

Mr Mxyzptlk

New Signings

• Geraint Jones (ENG)
  • Mahendra Nagamootoo (WI)
  • Boyd Rankin (IRL)
  • Dale Benkenstein (SA)

Masters XI:

AllStar VI
L Klusener (SA)
BC Lara (WI)
Inzamam-ul-Haq (PAK)
HH Streak (ZIM)