• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CA and BCCI, explain yourselves

honestbharani

We could have used it today Sanz. We'd be well on top if we had it actually.
yeah.. juz gotta understand it is not supposed to be 100% correct. Use it when you know for sure you have been wronged.. Don't use it in doubt or hope. Simple concept. :)

taipan1

BCCI obviously would oppose UDRS, because the great SRT doesn't like it, and there is no way, they can go against his will.

Possibly true. After all SRT was the first to be given out because of run out technology. By the greatest of them all, Jonty Rhodes IIRC.

G.I.Joe

It all makes sense now. Tendulkar is opposed to technology because it chose him as its first ever victim. Honestly, some people.

Dissector

Actually I think it had more to with that India-Sri Lanka series a few years ago. I think the technology worked fine but it was freaky how much it seemed to work against the Indians. For the most part I think it was just luck perhaps combined with a bit more savvy shown by the Lankans. There was only one review decision which I remember was really dubious (IIRC Samarveera in the third test) but that was a human error not the fault of the technology.

But I don't entirely blame the Indians for being reluctant. If a whole bunch of decisions seem to go against you the first time a technology is introduced it's not hard to understand why they would be hostile. It's rather superstitious but it's also human nature.

Last edited:

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
It all makes sense now. Tendulkar is opposed to technology because it chose him as its first ever victim. Honestly, some people.
Oh come on be fair - Taipan is clearly desperate for anything that can be deemed a South African success at the moment bearing in mind their on field performances.

pup11

BCCI listens when SRT says something, and if he doesn't like UDRS, then they would take that into consideration. Don't know how that' so odd or hard to gulp!!

Also goes without saying, not implementing UDRS saves BCCI a lot of money, that would be required, to set up the tech toys needed for UDRS....

Top_Cat

Err, pretty sure John Wright was the first bloke given out via TV replay.

EDIT: In a ODI, where it was first tried before being used in a Test.

Last edited:

honestbharani

BCCI listens when SRT says something, and if he doesn't like UDRS, then they would take that into consideration. Don't know how that' so odd or hard to gulp!!

Also goes without saying, not implementing UDRS saves BCCI a lot of money, that would be required, to set up the tech toys needed for UDRS....
It is all there except Hot Spot.. NEO have got it into India.

TT Boy

Personally despite my initial reservations, I'm now warming up to this whole split innings one day game.
I think it keeps the interest alive in the game, and also ensures that there aren't many drag on moments in the game, but don't see the logic in, CA introducing it during the world cup year.
As for UDRS, I'm all for it, but if the Icc doesn't have the power or resources to implement it through test cricket, then why waste everyone's time.
BCCI obviously would oppose UDRS, because the great SRT doesn't like it, and there is no way, they can go against his will.
Dumbest idea ever. Good to read that no one can be bothered to turn up to watch that ****.

andyc

Totally AWTA. Benchy raised the good point earlier that part of the difficulty in getting new crowds into cricket is that it's difficult to understand, and having the split innings thing certainly doesn't make it any easier.

Debris

Totally AWTA. Benchy raised the good point earlier that part of the difficulty in getting new crowds into cricket is that it's difficult to understand, and having the split innings thing certainly doesn't make it any easier.
It is all part of the cunning plan to turn cricket into baseball. They have already made it easier to hit home runs, introduced a format about the length of a baseball match and relaxed the rules on keeping a straight arm when pitching.