• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Chicken Curry OR Curry Chicken?!

Which is the correct term?

• Chicken curry (Guyanese)

Votes: 13 81.3%
  • Curry chicken (Trinidad and Tobago)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • None

Votes: 3 18.8%

• Total voters

SillyCowCorner1

This is a heated topic among us Guyanese and our Caribbean neighbors, The Trinis.
They insist that the correct term is Curry Chicken; while we are certain that it’s Chicken curry...
Are both of us right?
Any English and Curry scholars around in CW, can you please shed some light here.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
You're both wrong. Curry is a stupid term. Don't use it. Even though I use it sometimes. But I shouldn't. Do as I say and not as I actually say.

Athlai

Not Terrible
As something of an English scholar, they're both right and it doesn't matter. nothing matters, Rules don't matter. as long as someone else understands what you mean then its fine

Burgey

As something of an English scholar, they're both right and it doesn't matter. nothing matters, Rules don't matter. as long as someone else understands what you mean then its fine
Exactly right, which is why I toasted the water this morning before pouring it into my tea cup. I am now heading back upstairs for a morning coffee, which I will make using my espresso toaster

BoyBrumby

Englishman
In Anglo-Indian cuisine (itself a bit of a misnomer as over half of "Indian" restaurants in the UK are actually run by Bangladeshis, which is presumably why pork is never an option) "curry" refers both to basically any dish with a sauce generally, and also the basic mild/medium dish.

The piquancy scale here seems to go up from curry to madras, then vindaloo and finally phaal. With pasandas and kormas for those lacking intestinal fortitude.

I'm sure what we're served bears little resemblance to the actual dishes though, bastardised for the British palate as they are.

smalishah84

The Tiger King
Who the **** says curry chicken? Trinidadians don't know ****.

It's chicken curry, just like chicken karahi, chicken qorma, chicken jalfrezi, chicken handi etc.

morgieb

Initially thought curry chicken was its own thing (ala a roast chicken with curry paste or something). Very surprised anyone would use that term to describe a curry with chicken in it.

Daemon

Had an excellent Japanese curry yesterday btw. Or according to SS and trundler, an excellent Japanese.

in b4 cannibal jokes