• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Clueless is better than Mean Girls

go on answer you twonks

• Well, there goes your social life.

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Boo you Whore

Votes: 5 45.5%
  • Ollie Watkins, the answer is always Ollie Watkins.

Votes: 5 45.5%

• Total voters

grecian

Was there ever any question of Mean Girls being the better film?
I think some young people (I know we should ignore them) do feel it's better, it's something that I feel should be put down ruthlessly, and we must not be complacent on this issue, it's probably how Hitler started or summat....

Bahnz

Nah, Clueless was the film most responsible for starting that horrendous late 90's craze for turning works of classic literature into high school rom coms. Mean Girls all the way.

grecian

Should have just made a poll about whether you were born in the 80's or 90's.
70s for me and probably Heath, but I get your point. I found 80s films dreck at the time and still do, Breakfast Club is just miserable, never got it then and now. Heathers was good, but different, the comedy film I loved which is infinitly better then both films in the title was Gregory's Girl, but not really comparable, as different country and all that.

Nah, Clueless was the film most responsible for starting that horrendous late 90's craze for turning works of classic literature into high school rom coms. Mean Girls all the way.
Nah that was epic, and much better than any other of these type of trends.

10 Things I Hate About You > Anything Else tbh
Proof TBH.

Last edited:

Hurricane

I like both movies. I have seen clueless at least ten times, and mean girls 3 times.

I very much like the Calculas in mean girls. :ph34r:

grecian

I like both movies. I have seen clueless at least ten times, and mean girls 3 times.

I very much like the Calculas in mean girls. :ph34r:
Well vote for the Ollie Watkins option then, not like I designed this thread for that or owt.

HeathDavisSpeed

70s for me and probably Heath, but I get your point. I found 80s films dreck at the time and still do, Breakfast Club is just miserable, never got it then and now. Heathers was good, but different, the comedy film I loved which is infinitly better then both films in the title was Gregory's Girl, but not really comparable, as different country and all that.
I learnt how to speak Italian from Gregory's Girl. Which is why no Italian can understand a word I say.

As for 80s films, I did enjoy WarGames, The Last Starfighter, Stand by Me and... perhaps that's about it for 'teen films'. Weird Science was abysmal, Mannequin was worse.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
More like 70s/80s I'd think. Never seen either
Just posted one a whim, I was born in '86 and firmly considered myself a part of the Clueless generation but don't really care either way, the point is still made.

Alternative theory. You haven't seen either because you're a boring ****?

Howe_zat

What would be your generations equivalent, that film with Anna Kendrick I can't remember the name of?
As DCYE helpfully points out above I'm not a high school romcom connoisseur. I think by the time I was a teenager the young adult deluge killed the genre

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Mean girls was based on my high school, which Tina Fey attended as well. When I went there, it wasn't anything like the movie.

Or, more likely, I was so far away from the popular cliques and into my nerd group of friends, that I didn't even notice.

That is to say, I have to say mean girls is better.

In reality, clueless was better.

Last edited: