• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Coffee..

Burgey

One thing we do well here is coffee. Seriously well. I think it's because of the wave of post-WW2 Greek and Italian migration which gave the coffee culture a start here and it's been picked up by everyone.

Kirkut

I have an African American roommate who drinks coffee the whole day, the Americans have their own coffee making device which fills the entire room with coffee fragrance 24/7.

straw man

Coffee talk is always a great chance to be snobby and boorish, but it's also delicious and the basis for cafe culture which gets a big thumbs up from me.

Fun fact #1: You're offered cinnamon on your cappuccino in NZ apparently owing to the influence of Dutch immigrants (as opposed to Australia's Italians and Greeks).

Fun fact #2: New Zealand also invented the flet woit coffee.

S.Kennedy

Coffee is coffee. All of this 'latte' stuff and people going around cities brandishing big plastic cups of weird coffee is poncified.

Daemon

I had a coffee the other day with a lump of butter in it. It made the coffee really creamy but I felt a but wueasy after a few sips. Was given some dumb name like bulletproof or something.

vcs

Coffee is coffee. All of this 'latte' stuff and people going around cities brandishing big plastic cups of weird coffee is poncified.
Agreed. I'm in the US right now and every other guy you see in the morning has one of those massive things, trying to look busy.

US coffee tastes like ****.

hendrix

Bulletproof coffee is the stupidest ****ing thing in the world.

There are many good types of coffee. I like that Indian filter coffee, as well as Turkish/Arabic coffee, Gulf style Arabic coffee, a standard long black (so long as it's not burnt), French press, filter coffee...etc. I think Turkish is probably my go-to. It's easy to make, doesn't require any particular machine, is delicious and properly strong.

straw man

I wondered if that was just Vietnamese coffee which iirc is roasted in butter, however that link says it's Tibetan-inspired. Similar deal anyway.

The novelty of Vietnamese coffee with sweetened condensed milk wears off fast too, though it's nice without if you can get past the oil floating on the top.