• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricketweb Sporting Hall Of Fame

steds

Bennett-Mørk productions presents, a blatant rip off of Goughy's idea, the Cricketweb Sporting Hall Of Fame.

The cbf factor means we're going to go the same way as Goughy's idea.

Every month anyone can nominate a player and then another two members must second that nomination for that player to go on the ballot.

Once the players for that months ballot have been decided everyone gets to vote on 2 players to be inducted.

A player is inducted if 75% of voters have them as one of the 2 players they voted for.

If a player is nominated and seconded but not inducted into the Hall of Fame then their name will stay on the ballot for 3 votes, after which they must be re-nominated.

Due to the broad area covered by the term "sport," we don't reckon it'd be possible to insert any criteria for nominations, so we just stuck in that the nominated person needs be seconded twice instead.

Any questions? Problems? Comments? Nominations?

Edit: Cricket to be excluded upon request. I suppose that's what Goughy's thread is there for.

Last edited:

Perm

I assume that we'll cover all sports, aport from cricket? Would make sense IMO.

Anyway, nominate Colin Meads.

steds

Cricket to be excluded upon request. I suppose that's what Goughy's thread is there for.

1 nomination & 4 secondings allowed per user.

First nomination period. 11th - 15th September 07

Nomination, 2 secondings
Colin Meads (Rugby Union) Perm, HeathDavidSpeed,BoyBrumby

Nomination, 1 seconding
Diego Maradona (Association Football) TT Boy, Agent TBY
John Surtees (Motorsport) Matteh, steds
Babe Ruth (Baseball) Chubby Rain, Perm

Nomination, 0 secondings
Jesse Owens (Athletics) Samuel_Vimes
Pele (Association Football) Agent TBY
Steve Davis (Snooker) HeathDavisSpeed
Andrew Johns (Rugby League) BoyBrumby

Last edited:

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Vetoing Maradona; cheating drug addled lardos aren't hall of fame material for mine.

I'll third Meads. & nominate Joey Johns.

<Steps back to admire own hypocrisy>

The Baconator

Second Pete Rose

Is there any sort of retirement thing like with like the basebball hall of fame, or can we nominate people who are still active?

steds

Is there any sort of retirement thing like with like the basebball hall of fame, or can we nominate people who are still active?
Nah. Reckon we go with active ones too. Cbf waiting til Birgit Prinz retires before nominating her, just until the more obvious ones are in.