• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CricketWeb XI Tours, discussions, results, etc

Langeveldt

Soutie
Lucky Eddie wins dismissal of the month competition.. Caught Boucher, Bowled Boucher... Definitely a glitch in the programme, his bowling average is 99

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Indian line up for first OD game

Sehwag
Tendulkar
Ganguly
Dravid
Kaif
Rayadu
AA (c)
Bangar
Harb Singh
Balaji
Khan

Rik

Langeveldt said:
Lucky Eddie wins dismissal of the month competition.. Caught Boucher, Bowled Boucher... Definitely a glitch in the programme, his bowling average is 99
A winner of "Glitch of the Game" if ever I saw one!

Mr Mxyzptlk

I suggest that you put Graeme Smith as an occassional bowler (which he is) so that SA have six rather than five bowlers to work with. The glitch was due to poor bowler management and as such, the programme was searching for a bowler to use and miscalculated.

Simon

WCC Staff
good bowling perforamces bowlers, you all performed up to a wonderful standard :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
do any of you know how to bowl a dot ball?

Mr Mxyzptlk

broncoman said:
good bowling perforamces bowlers, you all performed up to a wonderful standard :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
do any of you know how to bowl a dot ball?
You're only saying that because:
1/ you didn't get a bowl
and
2/Mr Mxyzptlk didn't play and consequently didn't get a bowl. :)

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
yea thats what i meant instead of 3 ppl doing 1 sim , at a time , for constitency 1 person do the whole thing

so if langs doing this , he should do the whole series and test series , the whole tour

so for next one mxy u will do all the tests and odis but me and lang will pick the test lineups and od lineups aswell with you

About the 1st odi

damn , i did good batting but how come we got belted so hard?!!

BTW send me the files !!

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
Yea, i doubt though we got Mr LE he will stuff them up for sure , the ageing paceman is still firing and leading by experience

Mr Mxyzptlk

Fear not though LE. We have no retirement age at CWXI. We let you play as loooooong as you want to. :)

(Ok. ENough with the old cracks)

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
just followin up on what Mxy said in other topic

From the next tour, we will be contracting players as follows:-

Min 2 tour contract.
Max tour contract doesnt really matter any number

The captain and vice-captain will be contracted for 4 or 6 tours at a time. At the end of each 4 or 6-tour period, the Board will convene and decide on the fate of the capt./vc.

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
CW Team for 3rd ODI just posting in advance ! , lang is simmin all matches now.. but we still take turns posting team 1 by 1 according to turns

3rd ODI Squad

Broncoman
Krokde
Cloete
Lord Of Darkness
Rich 2001
Sunil_Havascar
Tamara
Langeveldt
Tim
L Eddie
David

Bowlers

Lucky Eddie
Tim
David
Lord
Langeveldt
Tamara / Cloete

Mr Mxyzptlk

CWXI Development League

The Cricketweb XI will be starting a domestic league to help with selection of tour sqauds. Keep in mind this is not an international league.

It will be called the development league and it will comprise of minnow teams, 'A' teams and Youth teams playing against the CWXI Development Team. The team will allow players not contracted to go on a tour to keep their cricketing skills sharp by continuing to play in domestic cricket.

In addition, we will be introducing an injury system. This way, if a player gets injured or is out of form, he or she may be dropped and an 'in-form' player called up to replace him/her. The league is essentially Cricketweb XI's County Cricket. It will be called the Development League........

Go to thread to read more and signup!

Langeveldt

Soutie
Well SA won a nailbiting match, to claim another three points, leaving Cricketweb and India on zero points...

SOUTH AFRICA - 240 (Kallis 109, Zaheer 3-54)
INDIA - 232/2 (Tendulkar 113*, Dravid 89*)

Download the full scorecard here

Next match - Cricketweb v India !

Attachments