• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CricketWeb XI Tours, discussions, results, etc

Langeveldt

Soutie
A spanner was put in the works today at the North West Stadium in Potchefstroom as South Africa collapsed to a surprise defeat to Cricketweb XI...
This gives India a hope of a final position, but they must beat South Africa tomorow in Cape Town and Cricketweb XI to get there......

CricketwebXI could never get partnerships together, but there 209 was a team effort being heald together by Rik towards the end of the innings...

However this proved sufficient as David was introduced.. Under humid conditions with the ball darting around under the floodlights he tore through the powerful batting lineup..

He was introduced late in the innings, and bowled an incredible first over, taking the wicket of Herschelle Gibbs who looked like he was going to take the match away from Cricketweb...

CRICKETWEB - 209 (Rik 38, Elworthy 4-28)
SOUTH AFRICA - 168 (Gibbs 74, David 7-22)

POINTS TABLE

CRICKETWEB - 6 (2 to play)
SOUTH AFRICA - 6 (1 to play)
INDIA - 3 (2 to play)

Attachments

Simon

WCC Staff
you can tell this isnt real, i got a first baller!
and whats this im opening the bowler, that was a shock call up, its been years since ive bowled. i would be quite happy positioning myself there at first slip and not worrying about bowling

Langeveldt

Soutie
The final will be South Africa v Cricketweb after the hosts drubbed India today in Cape Town

INDIA - 230/6 (Tendulkar 66, Pollock 4-49)
SOUTH AFRICA - 231/4 (Rudolph 75, Kallis 57, Agarkar 2-42)

The Points table with one match to go between India and Cricketweb

SOUTH AFRICA - 9
CRICKETWEB - 6
INDIA - 0

Attachments

David

International 12th Man
Will be an interesting final thats for sure, here's me hoping I can continue my run of form from the previous game :)

I'm extremely happy with my performance considering the game previous to that I didn't do so well..

Hope we all play well in the final.

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
Team to play India

Rich2001
Krokde
Cloete
Tamara
Lord of Darkness ( V Cap )
Langeveldt ( Cap )
Ryan_t2002 ( W.K )
Rik
Lucky Eddie
Tim
David

Bowlers

L Eddie
David
Tim
Lord
Lang
Cloete/ Tamara

Langeveldt

Soutie
Final group match saw India grab a consolation win in Paarl...

CRICKETWEB 201 (Cloete 66, Agarkar 4-23)
INDIA 202/4 (Tendulkar 80, Yuvraj 50*, Eddie 3-47)

Attachments

Langeveldt

Soutie
*** THE BCCC HAS ANNOUNCED THE XI TO PLAY IN THE FINAL AGAINST SOUTH AFRICA AT SUPERSPORT PARK, CENTURION**

BATTING ORDER

1.Rich_2001
2.Broncoman
3.Cloete
4.KrKode
5.Lord
6.Rik
7.Langeveldt
8.Top_Cat
9.Lucky Eddie
10.Ryan
11.David

BOWLING ORDER
1.Eddie
2.David
3.Top_Cat
4.Langeveldt
5.Lord
6.Cloete/Rik/Rich_2001

Langeveldt

Soutie
UCBSA Announces SA XI

THE UCBSA Has announced the South Africa XI to play Cricketweb in the One Day final at Supersport Park, Centurion

1.Smith
2.Gibbs
3.Rudolph
4.Kallis
5.McKenzie
6.Dippenaar
7.Boucher
8.Hall
9.Pollock
10.Elworthy
11.Ntini

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
AA is honoured to have received the man of the match award.

He is happy with his performances in the Tournament, and looks forward to getting more captaincy chances.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Top India Averages

Batting

S.Tendulkar...279@93.00
2 50's...1 100...2 catch...HS-113*...SR-71.72

M.Kaif...60@60
0 50's...0 100's...4 catch...HS-39...SR-76.92

R.Dravid...158@52.67
1 50...0 100...0 catch/st...HS-82*...SR-86.81

Bowling

A.Agarkar...11@13.36
BB-4/23...Econ.-4.07...SR-19.72

H.Singh...7@19.43
BB-3/21...Econ.-3.85...SR-30.28

L.Balaji...8@19.5
BB-4/39...Econ.-4.73...SR-24.75

Anyone who would like all averages, PM me. SA and CWXI avges will be posted after the finals.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
All hail AA and his wonderful performances.

This competition has inspired me to reinstall ICC2002 and captain India with AA!

Langeveldt

Soutie
Triangular Final (Centurion)

South Africa win the triangular tournament after narrowly beating the Cricketweb XI at Super Sport Park in front of a sellout 30,000 crowd..

THE FINAL

CRICKETWEB - 239 (Krkode 62, Eddie 60*, Kallis 4-63)
SOUTH AFRICA - 242/7 (Kallis 102, Eddie 3-52)

MOM - JH Kallis

Attachments