• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CricketWeb XI Tours, discussions, results, etc

Langeveldt

Soutie
AA will be even more furious now after India failed to get a tiny total of 155 to win...

CRICKETWEB - 154 (Krkode 41, Balaji 4-39)
INDIA - 143 (Kaif 39, Tim 3-24, Langeveldt 3-41)

**POINTS TABLE**

RSA - 6
CW - 3
IND - 0

Attachments

Rik

My replacement in this game, whoever he was, Rich? David? Before I am asked to play again I'd like an apology please :yawn:

Last edited:

Langeveldt

Soutie
Tamara said:
I was named in the starting XI but didn't play for the second time.. WHats with that??

Sorry but Lord forgot that a wicket keeper was required to win a cricket match :D So Ryan had to play instead of you....

Maybe you will get a game in the next match

Mr Mxyzptlk

I think we should start taking a Mike Brearley approach with our selections, whereby we personally notify people that they are dropped from the squad before announcing it publicly. We'll do this from the next series and will use PM's.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
I think you're taking this a tiny bit too seriously, mate :)

Next you'll be issuing media releases and holding press conferences...

Mr Mxyzptlk

Cricketweb XI

The squad for the next match of the ODI series:-

Broncoman
Rich_2001
Cloete
Krkode
Lord_of_Darkness
Langeveldt
Rik
Tim
Ryan
Lucky Eddie
David

The bowling order:-

LE
David
Tim
Lord
Rik
Broncoman
Langeveldt
Cloete/Rich_2001

I think that this is a very balanced side in that in theory, we bat to 10 (judging from LE's knocks so far :) ) and we have a bunch of bowling options. Please use them wisely Langeveldt. :)

Dammit that there's no one in bad enough form that I can drop them and give me back a spot in the XI. :P

Mr Mxyzptlk

Neil Pickup said:
I think you're taking this a tiny bit too seriously, mate :)

Next you'll be issuing media releases and holding press conferences...
Hmmm. Good idea. I'll consider it. ;) :)

Kiwi

Langeveldt said:
Sorry but Lord forgot that a wicket keeper was required to win a cricket match :D So Ryan had to play instead of you....
Sometimes a keeper does help.:P :P

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Indian team changes

Captain AA has announced the following side for the next game:

Sehwag
Tendulkar
Ganguly
Dravid
Yuvraj Singh
Kaif
Rayadu
AA (c)
Harb Singh
Balaji
Khan

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
I reckon we should have tour dates etc, but not as spread out as the ICC one , but one that can give people information on upcoming tours , people who simming the tours , and that way we can submit teams etc 1 day before the games ,

If u want ill make an itenary for a certain amount of time ,

And that way , we can have injury working well along with it aswell , and ill put some off season time , so we can have players resting or opting to improve their averages by playing in an extra team in DEV Squad..

Mr Mxyzptlk

Re: Tour dates. We need to finish the current tour before we do that, so we'll know when to start from. Also, I think internationals should be every other day with the occasional two day interval.
If you are making an itinerary, the CWXI expects to play 5 Tests and 5 ODI's in the WI with warmups against WI 'A', Jamaica and T&T/Barbados.

Re: Off Season. Good idea. But it should be a max. of 2 weeks I think. Perhaps every two to three tours.

I will be planning the Development League Itinerary tonight and, if complete will post it tonight.