• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW "A" Team in India and Pakistan

chaminda_00

Samuel_Vimes said:
Judging by performances in this series, I can see a Test squad looking something like this:

Openers: Fitzsimmons, Young, Mørk
Middle-order batsmen: Cloete, Kearsley, Goff, Butler
All-rounders: Robbins, Cunningham
Spinners: Pickup, Halsey, one of Bennett/Richards
Seamers: Wright, Rose, one of Hoy/Kennett/Bhatia

Note that this is not in any way official, just my thoughts.
I thought Bhatia wasn't picked for the A tour cus he was a certainty to make the squad for India. I would be disspointed if i was him and i missed out if that was the case.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
chaminda_00 said:
I thought Bhatia wasn't picked for the A tour cus he was a certainty to make the squad for India. I would be disspointed if i was him and i missed out if that was the case.
Fair point. Same goes for Kennett, though, and that would mean we'd take four seamers...

Travis_Teh

Samuel_Vimes said:
Judging by performances in this series, I can see a Test squad looking something like this:

Openers: Fitzsimmons, Young, Mørk
Middle-order batsmen: Cloete, Kearsley, Goff, Butler
All-rounders: Robbins, Cunningham
Spinners: Pickup, Halsey, one of Bennett/Richards
Seamers: Wright, Rose, one of Hoy/Kennett/Bhatia

Note that this is not in any way official, just my thoughts.
Maybe it's just me (and like what I think matters) but I'd be picking Wright, Bhatia, Hoy and Kennet all infront of Rose anyday.

I believe in the all round section WIlson would have to be in there as the equal second with Cunningham behind Robbins.
The rest is more than fair.

:)

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Travis_Teh said:
Maybe it's just me (and like what I think matters) but I'd be picking Wright, Bhatia, Hoy and Kennet all infront of Rose anyday.

I believe in the all round section WIlson would have to be in there as the equal second with Cunningham behind Robbins.
The rest is more than fair.

:)
Fair points - Rose has been good but not great at Test level, even though he had a bad last FC season.

So maybe that should read two from Hoy/Kennett/Rose/Bhatia instead.

Probably a point about Wilson, too. Could be said that his bowling is a bit of a freak occurrence, but so is Cunningham's batting.

Travis_Teh

Samuel_Vimes said:
Fair points - Rose has been good but not great at Test level, even though he had a bad last FC season.

So maybe that should read two from Hoy/Kennett/Rose/Bhatia instead.

Probably a point about Wilson, too. Could be said that his bowling is a bit of a freak occurrence, but so is Cunningham's batting.
Completely agreed.
In fact I didn't even know he could bat until he slammed those tons on the subcontinent ;)

Well done on that, btw :)

Wright is a definite, I believe (as you said) two of the other four should be there two. Pity Mr Timewell isn't around, he'd make it 5.

My personal would be Bhatia and then Hoy. Devastating attack.

cbuts

hey guys, sorry ive been inactive for a while, been swammped with work and uni. got results boys, brilliant to see. looking forward to the upcoming test series

thewizard1o1

kears_falcon_9 said:
Good game boys. Once again Hoy smashes the stumps everywhere. Well Done Mate.
Just doing what i can for the team Davey, but it was a good team effort to grind out the win in our first OD warmup match. Hopefully it will put us in good sted for our upcomming games against Pak 'A'.

Loony BoB

Shame only one of our top order batsmen held on to pass 50 in a warmup game, but still a good, solid win overall.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
I didn't have a bad FC season it's just that Hoy and Timewell were going really well. And we were winning.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
roseboy64 said:
I didn't have a baf FC season it's just that HOy and Timewell were going really well. And we were winning.
Code:
Player                     T     I   NO    Runs   Avge  HS   100   50   Ct  St
X.P.A. Rose                5     9    0      94  10.44  36     0    0    2   0
                                                                          5 10
Player                     T        O     M    Runs  Wkts   Avge  Best   wI wM
X.P.A. Rose                5    159.5    40     405    11  36.82  3-60    0  0
Nope, that was a magnificent season!

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Maybe it would have been better if I played more games. Didn't have a bad series aganist SA but if i';m not selected for the tour then no problem. I'll still support the team like I did the Greens.

Don

good to see the winning form continuing keep it up guys and rip their bloody heads off

Mr Mxyzptlk

CW 'A' 1st OD XII

AP Chaulk +
SA Bennett
RJ Dauth
DA Kearsley
A Feeney
MW DeSilva
MW Wilson
BC Cunningham
NS Hoy
DP Richards *
R Timewell

12th Man: RG Verghese

Mr Mxyzptlk

Taufeeq Umar leads Pakistanis past Webheads

Following up a decent batting performance in difficult conditions, Cricket Web 'A' struggled with the ball to experience a 5-wicket thrashing.

Despite losing a couple of late wickets, the Pakistanis were never truly pressed and took some of their own back, following the "Test" series thrashing. Winning the toss, Misbah-ul-Haq began by inserting the Webheads in wet conditions.

Ash Chaulk and Sean Bennett put on a typically solid opening stand of 84, but the middle order, bar Kearsley, found difficulty in getting established. David Kearsley batted beautifully for an unbeaten half century, as the Webheads were made to settle for 260 all out.

With the ball still seaming about somewhat, Hoy and Timewell made no impact early on. Indeed, Taufeeq Umar and Naumanullah added 135 before the first wicket fell. The former carried on to a brilliant century, taking particularly to Sean Bennet's legbreaks by scoring 20 runs off the 9 balls he faced.

Umar was out to a lazy top edged pull in the end, but the job was practially done.

Attachments

Mr Mxyzptlk

Feeney returns home

Alex Feeney will miss the remainder of the 'A' tour with a slipped disc. The CWBCC has announced that there will be no replacement called up for the Cricket Web Green batsman.