• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW "A" Team in India and Pakistan

Sudeep

Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Alex Feeney will miss the remainder of the 'A' tour with a slipped disc. The CWBCC has announced that there will be no replacement called up for the Cricket Web Green batsman.
Apparently, Feeney forgot that he should take care of other parts of his body, especially since he was caught stealing jock straps. :laugh:

Hope it's nothing serious though, and you'll get back to 100% soon, you're a future prospect. ;)

kears_falcon_9

Bad luck fellas good fight.. just couldnt keep them down in the end. V.Happy with ym batting form... a couple of good knocks lately have boosted my confidence. Now lets keep the batting goin into the 2nd OD game and kill em.

dinu23

ahh...what a nightmare! another duck for me. 260 is not a bad total. the bowling just didn't click.

thewizard1o1

steds said:
ohhhh, I thought you said "sell them your beds!"
Oh so i won't be the only one sleeping on the floor tonight :D

Pretty poor effort by us bowlers (me especially :()hopefully i'll get another chance to rip into them :@

kears_falcon_9

I know liam is injured and has exams but is this tour finished? i dont think it is.. so im guessin the games will still be played?

Mr Mxyzptlk

Webheads wilt after Bazid Khan ton

NB- This was simmed a week ago. I'm still largely prohibited from typing.

Disappointing batting oce again, as the Webheads slumped to a second consecutive OD defeat at the hands of Pakistan 'A'. A bright start with the ball was undermined in the middle overs, as the hosts posted 257/5 - 58 runs too much for Cricket Web 'A'.

Nathan Hoy took his first OD wickets outside of a warmup on tour, dismissing Taufeeq Umar and Misbah-ul-Haq in the early goings. Bazid Khan and Naved Latif then rescued the innings with a steady partnership, before blasting off with 3 sixes in a Timewell over at the death. Wilson took 2 big wickets to restrict the scoring somewhat.

In the chase, no Webheads managed to cross 50. Of the 5 that got to double figures, none looked truly settled. Anthony Lezama topscored with 45, but by the time he got in, the situation was too far gone.

Attachments

Don

i think we need a dictionary so we can look up wat rip em to shreds means.

and wat injury does liam have. sounds like something with his wrist.

LIAM how many time have i told u cramming two years of work onto a tiny card isnt gonna help

Mr Mxyzptlk

Big runs for Chaulk and Dauth in 2-1 finish

A 176-run partnership for the second wicket served Cricket Web well, as the Webheads cruised to a 5-wicket win, avoiding a 3-0 whitewash at the hands of Pakistan A. Winning the toss in unusually murky conditions and on a pitch assisting the bowlers, Dave Richards elected to bowl first.

Hoy responded by knocking back Taufeeq's offstump, but the spinners later struggled to grip the ball, as only Verghese prospered in the damp conditions. Bazid Khan and Naved Latif took the opportunity and put on 120 for the 4th wicket to set up 255/4.

Cricket Web's chase started poorly, with the loss of Sean Bennett pushing at an awayswinger. Rob Dauth, eager for some OD runs then played his best OD innings of the tour alongside the in-form Ash Chaulk. The two took the score to 189/1 and, although a small cluster of wickets then fell, David Kearsley was allowed a chance to calmly bat the team home with Verghese at his side.

Attachments

superkingdave

good way to end the tour, nice batting and the fielding was decent apart from one DC, two runouts kept them on their toes. Dissapointed to lose the series but overall i think the tours have been a success, though we were definately stronger in the longer form of the game.