• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW Tech Support and Advice Thread

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
I got through it in the end but still seeking a decent Android app for music and Mac client for managing music to the phone.

Chewie

I used to just plug in my phone and copy the music over, or plug the SD card in and copy the music. Now I just use spotify cos it's more handy.

As for what app to use, I used to use poweramp

Athlai

Not Terrible
both spotify and youtube music are pretty good. I have premium for both (youtube is for the lack of ads and music just a plus) and haven't ever had any issues.

NZTailender

both spotify and youtube music are pretty good. I have premium for both (youtube is for the lack of ads and music just a plus) and haven't ever had any issues.
I've used spotify premium in the past and it was great, but like I said, music library of 10,000 tracks - just wanting to manage it across two devices seems stupidly harder than it should be.

Chewie

I had a music library over like 150GB because I used to keep everything as FLAC files rather than mp3s, but figured that:
- the additional file size restricted what I could keep on my phone
- I couldn't actually hear any difference
- 'acquiring' all my music was too much of a hassle

So I switched to spotify. Still some things that aren't available there, but that's mostly more obscure stuff like anime or video game soundtracks.

NZTailender

I had a music library over like 150GB because I used to keep everything as FLAC files rather than mp3s, but figured that:
- the additional file size restricted what I could keep on my phone
- I couldn't actually hear any difference
- 'acquiring' all my music was too much of a hassle

So I switched to spotify. Still some things that aren't available there, but that's mostly more obscure stuff like anime or video game soundtracks.
I have quite a few old and obscure blues records which I've recorded to the computer because you can't find them on Spotify or even Youtube half the time. For stuff like that I'd like to be able to manage it better.

Daemon

I have about 1.2 million tracks but these days only listen to music from the great depression in the 1930s through a gramophone.

NZTailender

10000 tracks is baby mode.
About 3 months ago I went through and deleted a massive amount of **** I don't listen to anymore. Back in the day I'd torrent the entire discography of a band based on liking one song so ended up with a bloated library of a lot of crap. Have literally culled it back to songs I either own on cd or vinyl.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
About 3 months ago I went through and deleted a massive amount of **** I don't listen to anymore. Back in the day I'd torrent the entire discography of a band based on liking one song so ended up with a bloated library of a lot of crap. Have literally culled it back to songs I either own on cd or vinyl.
Real men just keep buying bigger external HDD's :laugh:

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Data hoarders could make for interesting TV.

"I just can't bring myself to delete this weird Siberian snuff film I downloaded from KaZaa in 2003"

*bursts into tears*

Daemon

Data hoarders could make for interesting TV.

"I just can't bring myself to delete this weird Siberian snuff film I downloaded from KaZaa in 2003"

*bursts into tears*
Maybe one day they’ll be Robelindas house asking him to take a hammer to his HDDs to face his problems head on. Meanwhile he has a 100 TB cloud subscription with Microsoft where all that delicious footage is backed up.