• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Death

Perm

It's inevitable, nobody can stop it, it touches every person. What I want to know is this - are you scared of death?

When I was younger I was terrified about the prospect of having to die one day, but I now realise that there isn't anything we can do about it so why worry? We'll all die one day so why not have fun while you're alive? If I died tomorrow I wouldn't have any regrets about the way my life has been, or the choices I've made.

Just wondering your thoughts on the issue.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
I was the opposite. Was absolutely not scared of death throughout my pre teens to my late teens. Not until I realized how little I had lived and loved was when I started fearing death.

G.I.Joe

From a purely selfish pov, scared of loved ones dying, yes; scared of myself dying, no. Its not like I'd experience any emotions after I die, unlike in the former case.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
What a cheerful little thread for a Sunday morning.

To answer the question: yes, I'm scared ****less of dying. Having no real belief in an afterlife one's inclined to assume that death is rather it. &, having existed for over three decades now, I consider this state of affairs infinitely preferable to the countless millennia where I did not.

I'm with Woody Allen on this one: "I don't want to achieve immortality through my work; I want to achieve it through not dying."

Goughy

To answer the question: yes, I'm scared ****less of dying. Having no real belief in an afterlife one's inclined to assume that death is rather it.[/I]
Yeah and especially now I have a wife and kids that (hopefully) love me dearly then dying will upset a lot of people.

*understatement mode* TBH, I dont really fancy it

Craig

World Traveller
I'm not afraid, but I do appreciate how lucky I am to be alive with all the close counters I have had and through a lot of people who have died, either the famous ones or people I have known, does make me stand back that I have it pretty good. I wouldn't say I have any regrets as I have always told myself that I will have to live with any choice I have made, so there is no point beating myself up over it.

As for afterlife, I really have no idea, but it is good to think there might be a prospect of it. Although if you knew what I was really like off these forums, I would probably say I am going to Hell.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Everyone is afraid of death. It's easy to be un-afraid of it when you're not presented with it directly. If someone held a gun to your head you'd **** yourself.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Everyone is afraid of death. It's easy to be un-afraid of it when you're not presented with it directly. If someone held a gun to your head you'd **** yourself.
Funnily enough, as one of the few people on CW to have had a gun held to my head (at least I hope I'm one of the few), I didn't actually soil the old keks. Adrenaline kicked in and I just refused to play ball. Stupid in retrospect, but suspect I'd do the same if it were to happen again. I'm too dim to be mortally afraid, clearly.

Was an imitation as it turned out, tbf tho.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
To live is Christ, to die is gain.

Can not wait to spend eternity with the Lord.

Manee

I am terribly afraid of death and now that I am 16, clinging to my religious beliefs like a safety blanket no longer reassures me. I am aware that there is an overwhelmning possibility of one day going to sleep and never waking up without the chance to prepare yourself. I can imagine dying with a lot of my life unfulfilled and that is a feeling that cannot be comprehended by philosopher or priest alike but it is one that I fear any time I even think of the topic. It is all well and good to say live life to its fullest (or however that saying goes) but sometimes, that is not as simple as it seems.

Soz about the rant:).

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Yes, I concur completely.

Always makes me laugh when I hear someone say "death doesn't scare me".

FFS, how the hell can it not scare you? It's something nobody has any idea about whatsoever, if someone came up to you and told you that you would die tomorrow then you would be scared, end of.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Funnily enough, as one of the few people on CW to have had a gun held to my head (at least I hope I'm one of the few), I didn't actually soil the old keks. Adrenaline kicked in and I just refused to play ball. Stupid in retrospect, but suspect I'd do the same if it were to happen again. I'm too dim to be mortally afraid, clearly.

Was an imitation as it turned out, tbf tho.
urtuff obv.