• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Death

Mard

Banned
I am not scared of death because even its a painfull death the pain will only last a few seconds and then i will die.

I really just hope we all find why were we placed on this earth. To me life seems pointless. Such a long waste of time.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Funnily enough, as one of the few people on CW to have had a gun held to my head (at least I hope I'm one of the few), I didn't actually soil the old keks. Adrenaline kicked in and I just refused to play ball. Stupid in retrospect, but suspect I'd do the same if it were to happen again. I'm too dim to be mortally afraid, clearly.

Was an imitation as it turned out, tbf tho.
Largely felt the same way, impact at the time was minimal, fear kicked in later. Can't describe how crap it was to get back into the job after.

Don't fear death, per se, but the method worries me. I worry constantly about running out of time to do stuff, though.
Gonna be really nosey and come out and ask what happened?? Assuming with Corey it's to do with time in the police, what happened to you Brumby? ITSTL

And yeah, I dread death, though I do sometimes think about what song I'd like to be played at my funeral

Uppercut

I am not scared of death because even its a painfull death the pain will only last a few seconds and then i will die.

I really just hope we all find why were we placed on this earth. To me life seems pointless. Such a long waste of time.
If you think it's a waste of time, you're not doing it properly.

I don't think i fear death, at least, a lot less than most people. Five years ago i could have said in all honesty that i didn't fear death in the slightest, but it's the flipside to having a much better life i guess.

Precambrian

Banned

It is not!
:drunk: :cheers: :punk: :kiss:

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Yea, I've been held up with a rifle and had a knife to my throat. Really though, I am scared alot of death but those times were not scary, but thats because I was pretty sure I wasn't going to get hurt since they were only after the money and such.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Rather scared of death. Would take immortality if it was offered. Failing that, get frozen until technology is advanced enough so I can live in a robotic body forever.

TBH.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
So if you don't believe in heaven you can't go, right?
In that case you can't go to hell either, no?

If there is an almighty God, and he sends me to hell just because I have not devoted my life to him yet I still lived a good life and was not a bad person, then I would rather go to hell.
That's a really said thing to hear. :(

It's not about a good/bad life at all. Every single person in the world has sinned (turned from God), myself included. And for that, God says we deserve to die. Which I can understand might seem harsh, but he created us and knows what's best for us. Just like a child disobeys his/her parents, we have disobeyed God.

But instead of being left for dead, God gives us an incredible way out, through a relationship with Him. All you have to do is have a genuine remorse for your sins and ask for forgiveness from the one person who can do something about it. God sent his son Jesus, who was blameless and perfect, to take our sin from us! Which I believe is an amazing thing.

So Christians definately attempt to live a 'good life', which is about bringing honour to God. And yes we all screw up, as we are still sinful. But anyone who chooses to admit sin and understands Jesus' sacrifice can take it away can be saved. There is none that it discriminates against.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
“Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?
Then he is not omnipotent.
Is he able, but not willing?
Then he is malevolent.
Is he both able and willing?
Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able nor willing?
Then why call him God?”

Epicurus

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT

It's not about a good/bad life at all. Every single person in the world has sinned (turned from God), myself included. And for that, God says we deserve to die. Which I can understand might seem harsh, but he created us and knows what's best for us. Just like a child disobeys his/her parents, we have disobeyed God.

But instead of being left for dead, God gives us an incredible way out, through a relationship with Him. All you have to do is have a genuine remorse for your sins and ask for forgiveness from the one person who can do something about it. God sent his son Jesus, who was blameless and perfect, to take our sin from us! Which I believe is an amazing thing.

So Christians definately attempt to live a 'good life', which is about bringing honour to God. And yes we all screw up, as we are still sinful. But anyone who chooses to admit sin and understands Jesus' sacrifice can take it away can be saved. There is none that it discriminates against.
Going door-to-door with that?

Matteh

Still fail to see the difference between Jesus and David Icke.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
They are definately big things you bring up SS.

What is a big struggle for everyone is realising how serious sin is. It's easy to say 'Why can't God just let everyone go to heaven and stop all the evil in the world?'

But as mentioned before, HE HAS conquered the evil of sin. Make no mistake - the devil and sin are hugely powerful and influential. But while it seemed like evil had the upper hand, God sacrificed his only son and cast the world's sins onto Him! Sin doesn't win. There is a way to live forever with Christ and it is through a relationship with Him.

God, lovingly, gives us a choice. He doesn't make us robotic and subserviant (sp). He lets us choose.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
They are definately big things you bring up SS.

What is a big struggle for everyone is realising how serious sin is. It's easy to say 'Why can't God just let everyone go to heaven and stop all the evil in the world?'

But as mentioned before, HE HAS conquered the evil of sin. Make no mistake - the devil and sin are hugely powerful and influential. But while it seemed like evil had the upper hand, God sacrificed his only son and cast the world's sins onto Him! Sin doesn't win. There is a way to live forever with Christ and it is through a relationship with Him.

God, lovingly, gives us a choice. He doesn't make us robotic and subserviant (sp). He lets us choose.
Choose what? What about natural disasters or cancer? If that's not malevolent, I don't know what is.