• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Do you think white supremacists and Nazis are evil?

Are white supremacists/Nazis evil?

• Total voters

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
No interest in relativist discussions, would just like to clear up whether there are actually MANY MANY people in this forum who feel there's nothing wrong with the Nazis.

Munificent_Fool

I happen to know a white supremacist reasonably well (he's like 52 or something, friend of a friend.) He's long been in favour of bringing back the so called 'white Australia policy.' I don't think he is an evil man. He has a lot of evil ideas and opinions but I wouldn't say he is an evil person. Just a moron and a bigot. I've never seen or heard of him using violence or bullying or threatening anyone...

I think it depends on their actions, not just the views they espouse.

straw man

'Evil' is a word that I think should only be used sparingly, and more commonly to describe actions rather than people. So then I suppose an evil person is someone who has accumulated many evil acts and has some internal force to commit and justify these things.

So I wouldn't use that word for say, needy losers that take extreme positions like white supremacism just to troll for a reaction, or people who are not very bright in the first place and just sieze on ideas from those around them. People are complicated and contradictory, and sometimes even learn and adapt their views over time.

But for those doing more than that, such as leading others to Nazism or white supremacism and trying to make it a reality and enforce themselves on the rest of society, then the word 'evil' may be appropriate.

Daemon

I happen to know a white supremacist reasonably well (he's like 52 or something, friend of a friend.) He's long been in favour of bringing back the so called 'white Australia policy.' I don't think he is an evil man. He has a lot of evil ideas and opinions but I wouldn't say he is an evil person. Just a moron and a bigot. I've never seen or heard of him using violence or bullying or threatening anyone...

I think it depends on their actions, not just the views they espouse.
A lot of them are 'harmless', but only because of the society they live in. If slavery was allowed and common again you can bet these are the people who would line up to buy one.

Now I don't know if you can judge someone on what you think they are capable of, but in this case I feel I can and will.

Munificent_Fool

A lot of them are 'harmless', but only because of the society they live in. If slavery was allowed and common again you can bet these are the people who would line up to buy one.

Now I don't know if you can judge someone on what you think they are capable of, but in this case I feel I can and will.
I feel it's a bit of a non-sequitur to say to someone, 'you may not be in favour of slavery now but I bet you would if it were legal.'

I mean if my aunt had balls would she be my uncle?