• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Explosion at Ariana Grande concert in Manchester

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Cause unknown, but police have confirmed there are fatalities and serious injuries. This is very very bad

Athlai

Not Terrible
Yeah mixed reports coming through, some saying a gunshot, some saying a bomb, some saying equipment malfunction.

Niall

Concert would have been full of kids just trying to enjoy themselves, heartbreaking this.:sadwalk:

Burgey

You want to know wtf is going on, but in so many ways instant news/ social media makes it harder to work out than before. It actually sort of makes me a bit jittery/ jumpy about stuff like this, because you refresh a feed to see what's going on , and it's basically a million people not having a ****ing clue and speculating on all sorts of things from bombs to shootings to equipment failure etc.

Sadly, what seems to be the case is 20 or more young people dead, according to some new organisations anyway.

cpr

Police confirm it was a bomb, at least 19 dead. Seeing people on facebook who were there discussing it, apparently absolute carnage. Set off in the foyer, right by the merch stand, just as everyone pours out after the gig - no doubt aiming for maximum carnage.

Another bomb has been found and blown up by the cops by Urbis, so was clearly looking to get those walking down Deansgate afterwards (That ones probably about 100 yards from the site of the 1996 bombing, on the same street....), though the 4th explosion turned out to be a controlled detonation of what was a bag of tramps clothes...

Been watching and listening to the copper choppers shooting around all night, I'm just around the corner from their base, seen a few shooting off following the canal down out of town, so I think they are getting people out to hospitals that can take them towards Liverpool way as all ours are on full alert - Its telling that none of my doctor/nurse friends are talking about it on Facebook tonight, they've all just dropped everything and shot off to work. Probably in for the worst night of their lives :(

I'm dreading work tomorrow, its a very young office ours, so there's a reality that some of my floor will have been there, so.... yeah.....

**** this man.

Burgey

Terrible stuff mate.

There were some reports going around earlier that Oldham Hospital was in lock down because of reports of someone there with a gun, but tbf I haven't seen any reports on that from more established news sites like the BBBC or Guardian.

Take care mate.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Terrible stuff mate.

There were some reports going around earlier that Oldham Hospital was in lock down because of reports of someone there with a gun, but tbf I haven't seen any reports on that from more established news sites like the BBBC or Guardian.

Take care mate.
It was dismissed by the police, looks like the report came from someone on facebook who was either mistaken or terrible.

vcs

Absolutely horrifying news. Felt sick to the pit of my stomach when I read it on the way to work in the morning, knowing that perhaps some CWers might have been affected. Take care, cpr... and everyone else. :(

I'm going to struggle to concentrate on work today.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
It's weird how I wasn't very surprised when I first heard the news. Only now after a couple hours, I am feeling the horror and anger I usually do.

Yesterday, I was watching the Escobar documentary The Two Escobars where some one remarked that you cannot really separate football from the world around it. The same goes for Europe. Such attacks are only going to increase as the world keeps getting more ****ed up. So sad. :(

Last edited:

Burgey

Death toll has risen to 22. Saying it looks like a single suicide bomber. fmd he must have been carrying large.

vogue

Just woken up to this news. It's somehow beyond words. But I hope all on here are safe.

honestbharani

How terrible.. Music and fine arts are supposed to be our escape from this bad twisted world but right now, its so ****ed up that nothing really is. Every turn you take in your life you see the ****ed up people with such ****ed up agendas. Where jealousy and hatred rule the day than any rational thought. Absolutely horrible. :( Glad cpr is safe and hope all our other UK posters and their families and friends are safe too. Twisted to think about folks you kinda sorta know from an online forum and I wish everyone there were safe, but I am human. :(

hendrix

The tweets of the desperate parents trying to locate their children make for some pretty grim reading. ****.

flibbertyjibber

The tweets of the desperate parents trying to locate their children make for some pretty grim reading. ****.
The woman crying on tv this morning pleading for information about her 15 year old daughter was heartbreaking.

Just beyond belief targeting kids.