• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

False Flag Attacks?

brockley

I had a browse through wikileaks,lots of interesting stuff on there in general.
Been busy today so unable to do any research.
Its definitely in the sphere of conspiracy.
Are these Islamic attacks,some of them government inspired attacks?

cpr

Don't believe everything you read brockley, a lot of it is just made up by crazy people to entice followers

watson

Banned
Definition of disinformation

: false information deliberately and often covertly spread (as by the planting of rumors) in order to influence public opinion or obscure the truth

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/disinformation
Disinformation is central to contemporary politics and it how politicians and the CEOs who back them maintain their power and influence over society.

Right now the Washington Post is peddling three pieces of disinformation on its frontpage that is useful to the continuation of the Government/Big Business status quo.

So never mind the so-called Conspiracy Theories as manipulating public opinion and biasing outcome is a lot more simple than that.

Athlai

Not Terrible
If we want to talk about False Flag Attacks then Erdogan is probably the best modern example.

Burgey

I think the best modern example would be the attacks in South Africa based on unverified footage which seeks to paint Warner as the chief protagonist.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Hey if Nixon had won in 1960 we might have some crackpot in this thread arguing that the 1962 attack by the Cuban government that ignited the Cold War was a CIA false flag, and we'd have thought he was bonkers. But he'd have been right.

Uppercut

Hey if Nixon had won in 1960 we might have some crackpot in this thread arguing that the 1962 attack by the Cuban government that ignited the Cold War was a CIA false flag, and we'd have thought he was bonkers. But he'd have been right.
This is a very underrated critique of conspiracy theories. Almost none of them are any worse than stuff that's already been pinned conclusively on the US government (this, Tonkin, forced LSD experiments, violent radicalisation of civil rights movements by undercover CIA agents, ~everything the CIA did in developing countries during the Cold War). If people don't care about that stuff, why would they care when they find out they're all lizard men secretly plotting to control your mind with vapour trails?

Last edited:

brockley

I am not referring to Alex Jones.
Altho I have watched some interviews in the past,and he is entertaining.
9/11 Osama?

Burgey

You know why 9/11 wasn’t an inside job mate?

Because the bloke who’s at the forefront of that conspiracy movement and who made that terrible movie is still alive.

Cos if the US govt could kill 3,000 odd people and make the passengers on four planes disappear while claiming they were all dead when in fact they aren’t, they wouldn’t have any problem shoving that bloke in front of a bus one morning.

Burgey

Shoving someone under a bus will now surely be called “doing a Barnaby” from this point onwards

Athlai

Not Terrible
Most of the great conspiracies (9/11, Moon Landing) can pretty much be dismissed outright due to American enemies/rivals (USSR/China) not outright exposing them for it when they'd be fully capable of doing so. I also don't think anyone who really knows of the CIA operations arounds the 60s-Nixon era would be all that surprised by any crazy things they may have done.

Another recent conspiracy I quite like is that the missile alert in Hawaii wasn't a "blunder" by some dumb lackey, but instead part of an electronic attack from another nation and the US are blaming in an individual to save face.

Also I'd be partial to conspiracies about the navy vessels being victims of electronic warfare that keep mysteriously colliding with things in the waters near China, with the US once again blaming individuals to save face.