• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Favorite song?

Daemon

It keeps changing tbh but I guess

I'd have picked an Arctic Monkeys song but I can't narrow it down to a favorite

BoyBrumby

Englishman

I was strongly tempted to go for Waterloo Sunset by The Kinks, because it is a perfect slice of peculiarly English melancholic, autumnal-shaded, wistful pop gorgeousness, but as of this moment I'm stuck on Fanfare by Eric Matthews.

It's a wonderful, propulsive, cavernous tune, driven by its monster sized bassline and Matthews's own elegant but authoritative trumpet, offset by his fragile, wavering voice.

A friend of mine thinks he sounds like Nick Drake, but although Drake had a voice of gossamer gentleness on the ear, his was ultimately a strong, technically correct voice. Matthews's is far weaker but its fragility has a beauty of its own that perfectly suits his magnum opus.

Last edited:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Brumby talking music so eloquently is the biggest OT throwback in the Covid era yet.

Anyway. For me it's either The Beatles - Strawberry Fields Forever or John Lennon - God

In the last ten years I'd probably go with Last Shadow Puppets - The Dream Synopsis

Red_Ink_Squid

Tough questions for different reasons.

To pick just one song all time is very tricky. My answer would probably vary day by day, but today I'll go for Idiot Wind by Bob Dylan. It always conflicts my Dad when I profess my love for this song, as he is a big Dylan fan and is delighted that I still a fan of an artist he introduced me to when I was growing up. But it's probably his least favourite Dylan song. (I wasn't aware of this when I was first charmed by it.)

To pick as many as one song from the last ten years is very tricky. Suffice to say my finger is pretty far from the pulse of the music industry these days and has been for some time. A couple of very cheesy songs I do like which qualify are Survival by Muse and Flyers by BRADIO. So one of them I guess. But I'll give it some more thought.