• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

First Chilean miner rescued after 69 days

stumpski

ill be honest I was tearing up watching the rescue...
Yeah same here - that little kid with his hard hat on waiting for his Dad to come back, I don't see how anyone could watch that and stay dry-eyed. It's been like the last scene of The Railway Children, or the bit in Lassie Come Home when Lassie, like, comes home.

Going to be a job keeping them away from the media scrum now though, I hear there are people going around with chequebooks offering film rights.

Last edited:

Faisal1985

Heard the last one has a wife and a mistress waiting for him upstairs and he doesn't really want to come up :lol:

Lostman

Got the popcorn waiting for when the bloke with both a wife and mistress waiting for him emerges.

FFS I hope he keeps his helmet on.
I just hope no-one told him they found out.
Apparently he knows that they found out about each other.
He had asked that both the wife and mistress come to the rescue site when he gets pulled out.

The man is essentially trying to choreograph a three-way with two women while being underground for 2 freaking months.
What determination and balls, absolute legend:laugh:

stumpski

Heard the last one has a wife and a mistress waiting for him upstairs and he doesn't really want to come up :lol:
I think that was Johnny Barrios, who came up a couple of hours ago - he did look a bit sheepish tbh. He was effusively greeted by a rather buxom redhead, but nobody seemed to know which of the ladies in his life she was.

No. 27 has just emerged, this good news story doesn't have much longer to run. Soon we'll be into recriminations and lawsuits. Kudos to the President and First Lady though for staying and greeting each miner over the last 20 hours or so.

ripper868

I think that was Johnny Barrios, who came up a couple of hours ago - he did look a bit sheepish tbh. He was effusively greeted by a rather buxom redhead, but nobody seemed to know which of the ladies in his life she was.
Tis a media beat-up, he's been seperated from his wife for 12 months, the thing she didn't know was he had a new girlfriend. She wished him well and chose not to greet him as it'd just be a media circus...smartest bird in Chile IMO

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yeah was going to come in here and post that.

He isn't even a cheater. They're separated ffs.