• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Girl Trouble

trundler

Well I suppose it depends on how you define that term but the crux of what I've said is true regardless. I've basically been using OT for that purpose and I've gotta say having another person who understands you is very comforting. Cue the angsty teen references but the thing is you cant relate to the constant being an outsider thing and IF you find one of your own you cling on to them.

Edit: I have no delusions regarding the fact that in the long run, everyone you'll ever meet is replaceable, however. Still, it's a friendship I cherish and simply can't put the ice on. There are many, many layers to this that make me feel like I have a responsibility as someone who has come to terms with the harsh realities she is just about to face. For starters, I have to get the lesson that you've got to keep your head low through to her. Hard to explain.

Edit 2: there's a not dim possibility that in a strange way my ego could be feeding off of this situation and that I may have an inflated sense of self-importance. Feelings are too ****ing complicated.

Edit 3: am I overthinking this just so I can avoid studying?

Last edited:

trundler

I feel like I'm in a situation from my favourite novel. The trouble lies in the fact that that's 1984 and the parallel I'm drawing is Winston and Julia's separation.

Kraken

Giving this thread a bump...surely I'm not the only one having troubles with a partner during this isolation time?

Gnske

Worked out well, which means her other ex-partner who is in prison for reasons she refused to explain can't stab me in the night.

Gnske

I'm probably the last male in this part of the country that hasn't committed a crime yet, BETWAY PLUS doesn't have good odds on me surviving i'm afraid.

Gnske

Paying $1.05 on death and $4.35 on survival, trust those odds with BETWAY. How else are you going to lose your savings?