• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Graeme Swann

Adders

Seriously Swann can **** right off the massive hypocrite, writing/working for that filthy scum rag then complaining about low life journalism, what a lack of self awareness from him, prat!
That's actually a very fair comment. And also he must have been pretty naive to think his retirement announcement now wouldn't have created this circus.........it's is **** that his Grandmother has been dragged into it (impossible to condone that) but at the end of the day this is a mess he created. I'm sure no one would have been interested in what his grandmother has to say if he had retired in 2 weeks time.

flibbertyjibber

That's actually a very fair comment. And also he must have been pretty naive to think his retirement announcement now wouldn't have created this circus.........it's is **** that his Grandmother has been dragged into it (impossible to condone that) but at the end of the day this is a mess he created. I'm sure no one would have been interested in what his grandmother has to say if he had retired in 2 weeks time.
Or had he retired without basically giving a rag of a red top the scoop on it anyway.

Spark

Global Moderator
KP pressers are so weird. Always looks like he's on the verge of just walking out in disgust.

flibbertyjibber

KP pressers are so weird. Always looks like he's on the verge of just walking out in disgust.
Very rarely gives them these days so seems strange he has done this one. Is it a case of him trying to take one for the team as there was obviously going to be questions about Swann etc... or just his ego fronting this all out?

Spark

Global Moderator
Very rarely gives them these days so seems strange he has done this one. Is it a case of him trying to take one for the team as there was obviously going to be questions about Swann etc... or just his ego fronting this all out?
I think so. I actually think he does them really well - no bull****, just calling things as they are - but geez they can be uncomfortable viewing.

Tangles

Agree that he seems to have gone funny. Without commenting on Trott's condition, except to wish him recovery, or Swann's retirement, both events seem to indicate there is something wrong with the team's mental preparedness for this series.
It does seem like they were not ready for Australia to put up a fight. Seems like CW posters were expecting a bigger Aussie fight back than the English players or management.

Tom Halsey

I think so. I actually think he does them really well - no bull****, just calling things as they are - but geez they can be uncomfortable viewing.
I actually don't think that is doing them well. Sure, the media and certain punters might like the whole calling a spade a spade thing but most of the time it's not actually a good idea from a pragmatic point of view. After all I'm sure most of us agree with Swann here regarding "some players" in international cricket being up their own backsides but that doesn't mean it was a sensible thing to say.

the big bambino

Seriously Swann can **** right off the massive hypocrite, writing/working for that filthy scum rag then complaining about low life journalism, what a lack of self awareness from him, prat!
This is just intellectual snobbery. No one is a better person for reading or writing for the guardian which is just as capable of low acts as any paper.

91Jmay

KP is well known amongst the British written press for his utter disdain for them. Think he has a lot of time for the Sky guys, less so the BBC.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Just read some of this thread, ffs. Horrible. Not the biggest fan of how Swann ended his career but Jesus have some respect for a very good cricketer. Junk posting.

grecian

Just read some of this thread, ffs. Horrible. Not the biggest fan of how Swann ended his career but Jesus have some respect for a very good cricketer. Junk posting.
Yeah ****s, you made me like a Jono post, that's got to be a new low:@

Furball

Evil Scotsman
How people haven't twigged that the "up their own arses" comment is so obviously about David Warner is beyond me.

Probably refers to James Faulkner as well, he struck me as being a gob****e at the Oval.