• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Graeme Swann

Adders

Sorry Adders I dont see anywhere I attacked his family, I just see Swann as a very weak person and that is highlighted by how he has made remarks about cricketers he dosent have the guts to name. But that seems typical of his style, a poor excuse for a man. He along with Anderson had no problem dishing it out but why all the tears now.
Attacked his family?? Turn it up mate. For someone that keeps banging on about "mental strength" and "toughness" you sure did get your knickers in a knot over something so trivial.......perhaps it's you that needs a teaspoon of cement in their morning coffee eh ;) Or maybe you are just adjusting the yardsticks as it suits.

Anyway I suggest you heed Dan's earlier warning, your recent posts make absolute ****house reading. It's a game of cricket not a ****ing war.

TNT

Banned
Attacked his family?? Turn it up mate. For someone that keeps banging on about "mental strength" and "toughness" you sure did get your knickers in a knot over something so trivial.......perhaps it's you that needs a teaspoon of cement in their morning coffee eh ;) Or maybe you are just adjusting the yardsticks as it suits.

Anyway I suggest you heed Dan's earlier warning, your recent posts make absolute ****house reading. It's a game of cricket not a ****ing war.
Calm down dude, its not about me its about Swann. If you dont like my posts then dont read them I wont be offended :)

Relax, I just think Swann is a prick who is a real smartarse when things are fine and a huge sook when things turn sour.

harsh.ag

Nah, Swann's alright. Can't expect everybody to have the mental toughness and dignity of a Tendulkar or a Kallis. He has done well. Let him go with respect.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Apologies if this was already discussed in this piece of **** thread. But anyone seen the Guardian carrying an interview from Swann's 89 year old grandmother. Swann is not happy about it, as one might expect.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
the only thing i really dislike about this whole saga is that his "Why I'm quitting" Sun column was basically being printed before, you know, his actual "I'm quitting" statement was released
Imagine he has a few extra G's in his sky rocket now because of it. Retirement was clearly timed to give The Sun on Sunday (with whom Swann has a contract for a ghosted column) the exclusive.

Spark

Global Moderator
Just lock this thread already.
Strongly tempted to, tbh. It's a pity because he's been a fine bowler and a fine servant of English cricket. He deserves a proper retirement thread celebrating his achievements but this most certainly is not it.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Strongly tempted to, tbh. It's a pity because he's been a fine bowler and a fine servant of English cricket. He deserves a proper retirement thread celebrating his achievements but this most certainly is not it.
Well if you look at the OP.. this was hardly a tribute thread to begin with. It was started way before he retired anyway. Should have a separate thread in CC for his retirement.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Where the thread is isn't the issue, it's that this forum is infested by some bad posters.

Adders

But anyone seen the Guardian carrying an interview from Swann's 89 year old grandmother. Swann is not happy about it, as one might expect.
Saw Swanns earlier Tweet about his grandmother, wasn't sure what it was about........anyone got a link to the article?

Graeme Swann ‏@Swannyg66 5h
I've heard of some low forms of journalism before but preying on my 90 yr old gran? Hang your head in shame the low life responsible.
And

Graeme Swann ‏@Swannyg66 5h
As if I've even spoken to my gran about this. Pathetic. And those of you insulting her are not worthy of the air you breathe
Damn right he's pissed off.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I'm really surprised that it's the Guardian as well. If it was the Mirror or something then sure but...

Cooky Monster

Saw Swanns earlier Tweet about his grandmother, wasn't sure what it was about........anyone got a link to the article?

And

Damn right he's pissed off.

Seriously Swann can **** right off the massive hypocrite, writing/working for that filthy scum rag then complaining about low life journalism, what a lack of self awareness from him, prat!