• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

I once walked around the block to get where I needed to go

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
because I didn't want to look indecisive by turning around on the street that I was on

Howe_zat

What I will do here is get to the nearest junction, have a look around like I'm looking for someone, sigh audibly and then go back the other way.

NZTailender

I often buy something small in a corner store/dairy

if I've been in there for ages and can't find what I'm after, I'll often throw the store a few dollars for a drink or candy because I feel like I've wasted their time

_Ed_

if I've been in there for ages and can't find what I'm after, I'll often throw the store a few dollars for a drink or candy because I feel like I've wasted their time
I'd hate to think how much money I've spent in my lifetime doing this one.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Early on in lockdown I had a hospital appointment so decided to do all my errands in one trip and called into Asda on the way back. As I drove in I thought hmmm the queue doesn't seem so bad

Parked up, got out the car then realised I had missed a double gap in the queue (presumably someone too engrossed in their phone to notice it moving forwards) and there were another 30 people in the queue than I'd thought

Well **** that. But to get straight back in the car would clearly be embarrassing. So I did the old, phone to ear, hello oh really fine I'm on my way then routine and GTFO

NZTailender

Bet NZT worries about what the cashier at the supermarket thinks of his week's purchases
Nah I don't worry that much.

That said, in the past I've made sure to throw in some veges, fruit and yoghurt to make the 3 bags of doritos and dips seem less sad.

NZTailender

That's what the self-checkout was really designed for.
So glad they were invented, but after a while I got so frustrated with the "place the item in the bagging area" meme that would happen every. ****ing. Time. I enjoyed going back to regular checkouts.

NZTailender

Once saw someone I ghosted on Tinder at my work

One assumes they're a student at where I work, and were in the University Health waiting room (which is cheap for staff, and convenient af). At the time I was chatting to her on Tinder I found out a friend died, and was sad, to the point I mentioned it. She came back with an initially sympathetic reply, then offered - basically - ***. Most guys would possibly go 'wey hey' but I found it immensely repulsive for some reason and said maybe 2 more things then ghosted them. They had a very distinctive 'look' so wasn't hard to be reminded who they were. Made eye contact then have managed to avoid her ever since.

Smudge

One assumes they're a student at where I work, and were in the University Health waiting room (which is cheap for staff, and convenient af). At the time I was chatting to her on Tinder I found out a friend died, and was sad, to the point I mentioned it. She came back with an initially sympathetic reply, then offered - basically - ***. Most guys would possibly go 'wey hey' but I found it immensely repulsive for some reason and said maybe 2 more things then ghosted them. They had a very distinctive 'look' so wasn't hard to be reminded who they were. Made eye contact then have managed to avoid her ever since.
I need to know more about their distinctive "look" before I decide whether to judge you harshly or not for turning down ***.

Daemon

If I'm walking at night and there's a woman walking in front of me, my mind quickly races to find how to overcome this ordeal without the person thinking I'm a stalker/serial killer.

I have to consider the following:

- I'm a light treader so if I suddenly catch up to her she'll be startled
- Can't walk too fast because she'll be scared as the footsteps grow louder when I catch up
- Can't walk too slow because I want to get where I'm going tonight

So I usually pretend to be on the phone and loudly say non threatening stuff like "oh hows mom" and quickly overtake the person

zorax

likes this
If I'm walking at night and there's a woman walking in front of me, my mind quickly races to find how to overcome this ordeal without the person thinking I'm a stalker/serial killer.

- Can't walk too fast because she'll be scared as the footsteps grow louder when I catch up

So I usually pretend to be on the phone and loudly say non threatening stuff like "oh hows mom" and quickly overtake the person
if there is a road nice to the sidewak I will usually walk onto the road, overtake them, then go back onto the sidewalk

sledger

Spanish_Vicente

Good shout, this.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
What I will do here is get to the nearest junction, have a look around like I'm looking for someone, sigh audibly and then go back the other way.
I used this sort of approach yesterday.

I was leaving my house to go for a walk, but upon opening my front door I noticed that a few neighbours were stood outside talking.

Obviously social interaction must be avoided at all costs. Not because of social-distancing, but because I dislike it.

I made use of the Howe audible sighing technique, whilst also adopting a look of confusion on my face, and simultaneously patting my pockets as if to look for some missing item (e.g. keys).

I then retreated inside, and waited there until they had all left.