• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ideal length of Monday Night Raw

Ideal Length of Raw

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

honestbharani

They are just inventing ways to ensure they can throw the biggest stars on TV the longest and intersprese them with enough filler so that they get their breaks...

Teja.

Global Moderator
I really enjoyed the first 2 seasons of Lucha Underground which was 1 hour long and thought it was the ideal size. However, since then I've watched a bunch of Raw in the mid-90s which was 1 hour long which is incredibly dire. 1 hour works when you are treating every episode as substantively important and not just as enhancement for your stars. Raw was expecting you to be grateful for allowing you to even see Undertaker on RAW even if to come squash tatanka in 2 min as the main event wheras Lucha Underground usually had an awesome 15 min match between two equally placed stars with a clear result as the main event. I don't think the 1 hour model works well with monthly PPVs.

I'm inclined to say 2 hours is best but it's possible I'm biased because I enjoyed wrestling the most in 2002-04 when the shows were 2 hours long.

3 hours definitely sucks though.

Arachnodouche

1 hour was more than enough when the Atittude era was in full swing and with *that* line-up of personalities. Everyone didn't warrant equal exposure; the company identified their main talents and assigned supporting roles to the others.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
1 hour was more than enough when the Atittude era was in full swing and with *that* line-up of personalities. Everyone didn't warrant equal exposure; the company identified their main talents and assigned supporting roles to the others.
It was 2 hours during the Attitude era

I'd go for an hour though. Two was bearable as it was about 75 mins by the time you'd skipped adverts and rerun segments. Even a bad one was still tolerable then. When it went to three on a weekly basis, I tuned out.