• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ideal Temperature

Daemon

Would have to agree that regardless of temperature, high humidity is just the worst ****ing thing

stephen

Other than Sydney, is there any city inn the world that you actually like Burgey? Because right now I'm keeping a few lists: cities Burgey likes and dislikes.

The latter list has Brisbane, Singapore, Birmingham, Melbourne and a number of others. I've obviously excluded Chennai from the list because that belongs in its own list "Burgey's list of cities that make hell look like paradise".

So are there any other cities you like?

Burgey

Other than Sydney, is there any city inn the world that you actually like Burgey? Because right now I'm keeping a few lists: cities Burgey likes and dislikes.

The latter list has Brisbane, Singapore, Birmingham, Melbourne and a number of others. I've obviously excluded Chennai from the list because that belongs in its own list "Burgey's list of cities that make hell look like paradise".

So are there any other cities you like?
Certainly. As you all know, I spent a lot of time in Mumbai in the 90s. It’s ok.

I like London, Rome, Athens, Paris. Liverpool is a lot of fun. York is a wonderful town too. Got some good memories of Leeds as well. Dublin is a blast.

Also enjoy Canberra, believe it or not. Adelaide is fine as is Perth. Hobart very good and if you have spare cash, get into property there now.

Denpasar has a rotten cabbage and raw sewage kind of hectic charm to it as well. Jakarta is good. Also like BA, Cuzco and La Paz. Cape Town and PE are good. Dubai is a bit like Disneyland for adults - nothing real but it’s fun to visit. Of the NZ towns I’ve been to, really liked Napier, could take or leave Auckland and Wellington is beautiful if you can catch it on one of the five or six non-windy and sunny days a year.

Among others I don’t like, Jo’burg is a **** hole. As is Lima (or was when I went - I’ve heard it’s improved a lot). Rio massively over rated, as is HK - it’s just another Chinese city ffs. Shanghai shits all over it. Not a huge fan of Bangkok. Pattaya needs to be nuked - dodgiest place I’ve ever been to, filled with creepy euro blokes walking around with very young locals. Yuck. Literally made my skin crawl being there.

So there are a lot of cities I enjoy mate.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
You have time to write all this drivel and continue to duck your interview. Shame on you.

Burgey

What on earth is there to enjoy about Canberra?
I thought that way for a long time, and I read Bill Bryson's book Down Under, and came to agree with him. The genius of Canberra is it's had like a tenfold increase in its population over the past few decades, yet it still looks like totally planned, almost quiet and semi-rural community.

Plus, there's a lot of interesting attractions there - museums, galleries, etc etc and because there's mostly white collar work there's very little pollution.

Spark

Global Moderator
Maybe it's just because I've lived here the whole time but Canberra has changed a lot in the last 20 years and especially the last 10. The inner core has more of a "city" and a lot less of a "glorified country town" feel to it now, although it still has that certain sense of spaciousness that I'm yet to encounter elsewhere in a city of similar size.

By far the best thing about the place right now is the fact that there's no need for formal parks because of the open space corridors and reserves that run through the suburbs. Makes social distancing a breeze when out and about.

Last edited:

Starfighter

26 playing cricket
24 riding motorcycle
20 when walking
16 playing football
8 (outside) overnight

Humidity about 30%

Maybe it's just because I've lived here the whole time but Canberra has changed a lot in the last 20 years and especially the last 10. The inner core has more of a "city" and a lot less of a "glorified country town" feel to it now
Yeah, it's gotten a lot worse. Good thing I'm not trying to save up for a house deposit either...