• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

India Vs England - What a Pathetic Performance by Dhoni

harsh.ag

Lets see the body language of India today and in semi final. If the body language or reluctance of winning is significantly different from ist match with England, It will answer the question whole criketing world is seeking an answer for.

Daemon

He's going to pull one last rabbit out of the hat and make everyone eat humble pie. It's coming.
There's a small but not improbable chance he can still play good match winnings innings these days. If he pulls one out his arse I'll forgive everything.

Victor Ian

Dhoni IS going to pull one out of his arse, be forgiven for the last few years and prove once and for all that only performances in WC finals matter.

shifty_eyes

Lets see the body language of India today and in semi final. If the body language or reluctance of winning is significantly different from ist match with England, It will answer the question whole criketing world is seeking an answer for.
Lets just call Dhoni the Destiny Slayer :D

villy

Unwillingness to win the match vs England and gain of negativity, actually costed us the semi final inside out.
What goes around comes around

Bud.jpg

Dissector

Actually I wonder if the criticism of their leisurely start against England pushed them to be too aggressive early in this game. If that is the case, it doesn't speak well for their ability to intelligently adjust according to circumstances. 28/1 after 10 overs when chasing 300+ was probably too slow but would have been perfectly fine when chasing 240 especially given that the ball seemed to be doing a bit.

trundler

Nah, Rahul just didn't have the technique for the occasion. Rohit got a good ball. Kohli got a good one too. Boult bowled the perfect ball to Virat Kohli early in his innings.

Dissector

Kohli's shot was too aggressive given he was new and the ball was swinging. I suspect he was trying stamp his authority on the game early but it was not necessary.

trundler

Most days it works. Yesterday it didn't. Tough luck. Wouldn't say it was because of him trying too hard though. That's just how he bats. Bad shot, yes but these things happen.

Burner

Most days it works. Yesterday it didn't. Tough luck. Wouldn't say it was because of him trying too hard though. That's just how he bats. Bad shot, yes but these things happen.
Nah, disagree. Kohli bottled it. He's one of the best "play-the-situations" batsman you'll ever find. Don't forget that he went hard at a ball outside off first up too. This is one of those instances where pressure got the better of him.

smalishah84

The Tiger King
yeah, I think Kohli's record in pressure games is pulling him down.

I think he was one WC pressure knock away from being the GOAT when the world cup started. He certainly gets points docked for a bad showing imo.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
yeah, I think Kohli's record in pressure games is pulling him down.

I think he was one WC pressure knock away from being the GOAT when the world cup started. He certainly gets points docked for a bad showing imo.
Really only 1 knock from beating Viv?