• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Is anyone planning on going?

Nishant

i want to go...but not sure if i will TBH...i dont even know where to buy tickets. if i find out where to buy them...ill start thinking abt actually going.

Goughy

I wish I was. After 3 years in South Africa, this tournament starts a month after I leave :@

I would certainly go otherwise. Its disappointing that they are not using Centurian as its a great ground to watch OD and Twenty/20.

Perm

I would quite like to go and watch, it would probably be more spectator friendly than the ODI World Cup.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
The title says it all.
Constructive criticism here - and the same goes for andmark. "The title says it all" posts should be kept a minimum - you two seem to do them fairly regularly. Not bagging you or anything, but if you added a bit more to your thread-starting-posts, they'd probably be a lot more effective. Remember - if all else fails and you really do have nothing else to say, just pretend you're replying to the thread. Eg:

I can't go myself given I live in England, but I was just wondering if any South African members here were going, or if people were actually planning to go over from other countries for this.

Again, not bagging you, just something I've noticed. :)

cover drive man

Constructive criticism here - and the same goes for andmark. "The title says it all" posts should be kept a minimum - you two seem to do them fairly regularly. Not bagging you or anything, but if you added a bit more to your thread-starting-posts, they'd probably be a lot more effective. Remember - if all else fails and you really do have nothing else to say, just pretend you're replying to the thread. Eg:

I can't go myself given I live in England, but I was just wondering if any South African members here were going, or if people were actually planning to go over from other countries for this.

Again, not bagging you, just something I've noticed. :)
Thank's rob I'll take your advice. :thumbsup:

Scaly piscine

Well yeah, but only because I live here.. Won't be travelling more than 100km to see a game..
Hmm interesting... thought you'd be flying a propaganda banner over the stadia or indulging in a bit of skywriting.

I'll look forward to hearing about it later.

Corli

I might go to a game or two at Newlands, I'm at uni near there so if I can manage transport it should make quite a nice day out.

Langeveldt

Soutie
I might go to a game or two at Newlands, I'm at uni near there so if I can manage transport it should make quite a nice day out.
UCT?? Awesome, I'm at Rhodes.. Newlands is a fantastic place to watch the cricket, even if it is Pro20...

TT Boy

I’ll be in Durban in September so I will try to get to any decent game scheduled for Kingsmead. Looking at Cricinfo.com there seems to be a day/nighter featuring India Pakistan.:)

aussie

Would love to go definately, but i'm afraid it will be another dominant Australian performance & after seeing that during my time in the Windies i'll have to pass. After all i'm in the process of planning to got to South Africa in 2010 to watch the might of England, so can't have two bites of the cherry.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Yeah 2010 promises to be awesome.. I just hope they don't sterilize it like with the cricket to such an extent that people forget they are in Africa.. I guess all the criminals outside will remind them of that :(