• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Is 'Marge on the Lam' the best Simpsons ep?

mintykip

I reckon the decline in quality of The Simpsons began with the death of Phil Hartman and the subsequent retirement of Troy McClure and Lionel Hutz. They were handsdown two of the best Simpsons characters ever.

"Mr. Simpson, don't you worry. I watched Matlock in a bar last night. The sound wasn't on, but I think I got the gist of it."

Also

"Each one is absolutely, positively, 100% guaranteed to increase in value."
"Not a guarantee."

Last edited:

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I reckon the decline in quality of The Simpsons began with the death of Phil Hartman and the subsequent retirement of Troy McClure and Lionel Hutz. They were handsdown two of the best Simpsons characters ever.

"Mr. Simpson, don't you worry. I watched Matlock in a bar last night. The sound wasn't on, but I think I got the gist of it."

Also

"Each one is absolutely, positively, 100% guaranteed to increase in value."
"Not a guarantee."
Hutz is by far my favourite character from the show, and that's no mean feat.

So many golden moments:

Oops! Better get that Bar Association logo off there...

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I've argued in front of every judge in this state. Often as a lawyer.

That was a right-pretty speech, sir. But I ask you, what is a contract? Webster's defines it as "an agreement under the law which is unbreakable." Which is unbreakable!

Mr. Simpson, this is the most blatant case of false advertising since my case against "The Never-Ending Story"!

I'm here defending you on the charges of... Murder One!? Even if I lose I'll be famous!

:laugh:

sledger

Spanish_Vicente

This verdict is written on a cocktail napkin...and it still says guilty...and guilty is spelt wrong!

:laugh:

Howe_zat

Kind of jarring to see him start out as evil in his first episode, compared to just incompetent for the most part. He even shouts at one point. Weird.

Bahnz

Probably just about my favourite Lionel Hutz moment.

Hutz: Now, Apu, Mrs. Simpson claims that she *forgot* that bottle of... delicious... bourbon. Brownest of the brown liquors... so tempting.

[holds the bottle to his ear]

Hutz: [whispering] What's that? You want me to drink you? But I'm in the middle of a trial!