• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Jasprit Bumrah interview

zorax

likes this
what's the spiciest food you have eaten?

For me, it was at this small non-veg restaurant in Jaipur. Nuts and Bolts was it's name I think. The amount of chili they put in everything was ludicrous. Food was almost inedible, but it tasted so good so we kept plowing through. Never had I struggled so much to finish a meal. Some Indian people are nuts about spice.

Have had a few spicy hot-pots in my time too, but that numbing spice is not the same. Much easier to tolerate IMO.

vcs

what's the spiciest food you have eaten?

For me, it was at this small non-veg restaurant in Jaipur. Nuts and Bolts was it's name I think. The amount of chili they put in everything was ludicrous. Food was almost inedible, but it tasted so good so we kept plowing through. Never had I struggled so much to finish a meal. Some Indian people are nuts about spice.

Have had a few spicy hot-pots in my time too, but that numbing spice is not the same. Much easier to tolerate IMO.
I had this thing called sev usal once in Vadodara, the gravy seemed to be nothing but oil and laal mirch powder. Tasted pretty horrible too.

honestbharani

This looks soo good. Why have I never had this before?

Gotta try a TN restaurant man. They all got it. Vada curry is a side dish though. They usually serve with Dosa and sometimes Idli but I find it goes best with Poori.

vcs

Gotta try a TN restaurant man. They all got it. Vada curry is a side dish though. They usually serve with Dosa and sometimes Idli but I find it goes best with Poori.
I am Tamilian. :)

My Mom makes rasa vada and thayir vada all the time but I've never had this for some reason.

zorax

likes this
Spicy food for breakfast is severely underrated

Infact, your post reminded me of back when I used to eat instant noodles with spicy pork for breakfast regularly at the canteen at my old job. Sometimes they'd sell out, so I'd get instant noodles with fried egg/luncheon meat and add in chili oil on my own.

This gave me a craving for spicy instant noodles - so guess what I'm eating for breakfast now. I snazzed it up a bit - chopped up some ginger, asparagus and sausage and sauteed them in the pan before adding in water, seasoning packets from the noodles (tom yum flavour), and the ultimately the noodles.

Good stuff. I've missed this. Thanks HB

vcs

Spicy food for breakfast is severely underrated

Infact, your post reminded me of back when I used to eat instant noodles with spicy pork for breakfast regularly at the canteen at my old job. Sometimes they'd sell out, so I'd get instant noodles with fried egg/luncheon meat and add in chili oil on my own.

This gave me a craving for spicy instant noodles - so guess what I'm eating for breakfast now. I snazzed it up a bit - chopped up some ginger, asparagus and sausage and sauteed them in the pan before adding in water, seasoning packets from the noodles (tom yum flavour), and the ultimately the noodles.

Good stuff. I've missed this. Thanks HB
It's nearly 12:00 a.m. local time in Hong Kong and you're just eating breakfast?

vcs

In more random eating news, I came home for the long weekend and I am eating absolutely everything in sight. Small onion sambhar, arbi curry, payasam and plenty more.

honestbharani

I am Tamilian. :)

My Mom makes rasa vada and thayir vada all the time but I've never had this for some reason.

Its actually not all that good if you are health-conscious but God they taste good. :) Have never had it homecooked for that reason. :laugh:

And its more of a Chennai thing... even if you are Tamilian.

ankitj

I think I had one of the spiciest dishes in Ireland of all places. I went to an Indian restaurant run by Irish people and ordered a curry that was marked with double chillies. I was like I'm an Indian, what can the Irish know about spices. If I order something less spicy they will get me a sweet curry probably. Man, I regretted my decision.

Last edited:

Adders

My missus makes an unreal papaya salad that's spicy AF. When we first got together she'd never serve me it as she wouldn't believe a "felang" would be able to eat it. She soon gave up on that idea when I kept nicking hers!!