• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like strike rate

jimmy101

I have a strike rate of 0.362 (3,010 likes from 8,295 posts).

What's yours? Interesting to see what the leaderboard would look like.

vcs

2,000/27,000, bit less than 10 per cent.

I'm clearly the Alanis Morrisette of the forum
Clearly need to normalize and discount posts made in the pre-like era. I mean, you may have the odd sad no-life like trundler trawling old threads and giving likes, but it's not a common occurrence.

jimmy101

Clearly need to normalize and discount posts made in the pre-like era.
I was about to say something along these lines. Have noticed in a lot of old threads from the mid 2000's that likes weren't that much of a thing.

zorax

likes this
someone stop talking about it and just do it plz

we need content in these cricket starved times

trundler

Clearly need to normalize and discount posts made in the pre-like era. I mean, you may have the odd sad no-life like trundler trawling old threads and giving likes, but it's not a common occurrence.
No more necro-likes for you

vcs

I was about to say something along these lines. Have noticed in a lot of old threads from the mid 2000's that likes weren't that much of a thing.
The system was only introduced after 2012 or so I think.

jimmy101

someone stop talking about it and just do it plz

we need content in these cricket starved times
Any method developed by PEWS would be trustworthy.

Edit: Or a way to calculate posts from 2012 or later, as vcs has pointed out.

Last edited:

trundler

The solution is obvious. Tally like:post data since then. There's an inverse relation between posting frequency and like strike rate so extrapolate to pre-like days after factoring that in.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Any method developed by PEWS would be trustworthy.

Edit: Or a way to calculate posts from 2012 or later, as vcs has pointed out.
Yeah the data collection bit is the hard part here.

And even Cribbot doesn't have SQL access, probably for drop_table related reasons